How To Survive Warped Tour

I Survived My First (And Last) Warped Tour, Here's How

#foreverwarped

21
Natalie Bower

I'll admit, music festivals aren't typically my thing. I'm not super well-versed in music, so the number of bands that I've even heard of at any given festival is usually pretty minimal. But since this time around there was one band on the roster that I just couldn't miss and with it being the last Warped Tour ever, my FOMO trumped my disdain for heat and crowds.

The heat and crowds were two of my biggest worries going into the day. Fortunately, I wore sunscreen and a hat, so my burn wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, it had just rained the day before, so the humidity made the heat ten times worse. As for the crowds. they were crazy but not unbearable. The venue had plenty of nooks and crannies to get away from the chaos. My friend also wore a vest with a bright and colorful design on the back, which made it easy to keep track of each other.

Like I said earlier, I was only really familiar with one band on the roster, so I was worried that I might be a bit bored. I was wrong. I discovered some great new artists throughout the day, and got to hear one that I didn't realize I knew at the time. If you're looking for new music to enjoy, going to a festival is definitely the way to go.

Overall, my two biggest tips for anyone going to their first festival would be to stay hydrated and go with a buddy. I would also encourage you to keep an open mind when it comes to bands you aren't familiar with. With that many bands playing in one place on the same day, you're bound to find something that you like. Trust me.