10 Tips For Surviving Winter In The North If You Hate The Season

Because personally, winter is my least favorite season.

18

I hope these 10 ideas help you not hate the winter as much, I know I will definitely be using them.

1. Spend time with friends and family

This is one of the most helpful ways, at least for me, to get through the brutal northeast winter. If you spend time with people you love it'll not only make the season seem like it goes by faster but it will also make you enjoy it more.

2. Decorate accordingly

The holiday season is here so in order to get yourself in the right spirits, decorate! There's something about how decorations make you feel that could totally turn your day or week around.

3. Plan activities

Grab dinner with some friends, plan a movie night, go shopping, etc. The opportunities are endless and you could have a ton of fun with some great people.

4. When on break...call your college friends

I know I will be doing this often, sometimes you just need to talk to your people that are always there when away at school.

5. Read

I used to never read but lately, I have loved just getting cozy in bed and opening a book. It doesn't even have to be a ton of text, look through a picture or art book. Make some tea or hot cocoa and get comfy and just read.

6. Go for a drive

This is one of my favorite things to do. Grab some friends, put on some good music, and drive. You don't even have to end up going somewhere, and if it's still Christmastime you can find some houses decorated super cute!

7. Catch up on sleep

Sometimes sleep will heal all. If you are feeling super tired take a nap, your body will thank you.

8. Find new music

It's always nice to add some new music to your daily playlist. Go on Spotify or Apple Music and find some new songs to listen to.

9. Find a new coffee shop near you

Coffee shops or little cafes are always great to try out and get some work done in. Explore around your hometown you may be surprised at what you find.

10. When all else fails, just have a spa night

Put on a face mask, make a cozy drink, get into some pajamas or a bath robe and relax the night away.