How To: Surviving Cold and Flu Season In College

*Calls Mom for the 10th time today*

327

It's that time of year, the leaves are changing evenings are getting cooler, and everyone around you has the sniffles. Sniffles turn into coughs, and in this college environment, coughs turn into the flu. Here is 4 steps you can take to prepare you for the upcoming flu season.

1. Stay Hydrated

Instead of picking up that Beer, grab that water bottle. Your body probably hasn't has a lot of water lately, so make sure you're staying hydrated.

2. Wash Your Hands 

I don't know about you, but I wash my hands a bunch after watching the germ video in school as a kid. It is so important, especially in college. I know it's silly but you'd be surprised about how many people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

3. Stock Up 

It doesn't hurt to run to Walgreens and pick up some NyQuil or DayQuil, or whatever you prefer to help you fight what ever you have. While you're grabbing that, it doesn't hurt to get some Lysol, soup, and OJ.

4. Sleep Sleep Sleep 

I cannot stress how important sleep is. It is proven that if you sleep less than 7 hours in a night your immune system weakens. Why do you think everyone has the sniffles during finals...?

*It's also okay to call mom, she knows best.