How To Survive Your Family During The Holidays

If you are a college kid like me, then you have been away from your family members for about three months and now you're going to be spending about a week with them. When you are away from your family, you learn how to take care of yourself and you make your own rules. You decide when you eat, take a shower, clean your room and do anything you want to do. If you remember what it was like at home before you went to college, then you'll remember how your parents told you when to eat your lunch, when to do your laundry and when to go to bed.

It used to be that everything you did was decided for you and you didn't have to make any decisions, but it's different. You are now the only person in charge of you and when you go back home it can be difficult to adjust to your parents trying to control you again. While you're at home, I have some easy ways for you to survive a week so you can come back to college where you are back in control.

The first thing you can do to make your time spent with your family less painful is to breathe. When your parents try to tel you what to do, you need to remember that they might not see you as someone who can take care of yourself yet, the most important thing to do is breathe. If you breathe and try to understand what your parents are going through, then it will make your life much easier. It is important to remember that it can be difficult to have someone come home when everything has changed.

The second thing you can do, is be patient with your parents. It can be difficult for your parents to have you come home and be a completely different person. I know that when you come home it can be difficult for you to be patient with your parents. It may seem that you can do things quicker or more efficiently but they're still your parents. They know more than you think and just because you think you know everything doesn't mean that you do.

The third thing you can do is be helpful and respectful to your parents. I know that while you're at school it can feel like you never stop taking care of yourself and never stop picking up after yourself, but your parents have never stopped picking up. When you come home, it can seem easy to just lay around on the couch and to feel like you don't have to do anything, but you definitely should. If you want to make your parents' life easier, you should definitely help them clean up around the house and with all of the cleaning and cooking. While you're at home this break and all breaks remember that your parents are there to help you and to care for you, not to be your slave. Try to survive this break while they're surviving their whole lives being parents of you.