It's Time To Thank The Supportive College Professor

Not all professors take the time to get to know their students. Not all professors make sure to let their students know that they are glad to see them, or that they are rooting for their success. Not all professors make sure to encourage their students throughout the semester and are willing to meet with them any time.

But you are.

You are the type of professor that every student needs to have. You guided us through the semester, helping us through the hard times and encouraging us every step of the way.

You made us feel heard.

You listened to our problems and talked through them with us. You made it clear that you cared about all of us and that you wanted us to succeed.

Not only were you supportive of us, but you always made coming to class fun. You didn't stand at the front of the class and lecture us, you challenged us with hands-on experiments and activities. I learned more from you in one day than any professor who talked at us for an hour.

You took the time to get to know us individually.

You didn't see us as just one big group of students, you recognized that we are all our own people, with different personalities and different interests. You took the time to get to know each of us, and that means a lot. It made us feel cared about.

I will never forget my experience of being in your class. You are the most supportive professor that I have ever had, and I thank you for allowing me to explore and grow in your class. Thank you for going above and beyond and being the type of professor that every college students needs to have.

For all the supportive professors out there, we college students are thankful for you.