Support Shoals Sound

Support Shoals Sound

Music + River = Muscle Shoals

48
Support Shoals Sound
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/10/636432689219364196-1937141415_fame.jpg

The University of North Alabama sits in an ideal position for music-lovers. The school is just amongst Muscle Shoals, Alabama which is known for it's rich history with musicians. Muscle Shoals is home to renowned recording studio, Fame. Known as the heartbeat of the Shoals, Fame Studios has worked with phenomenal artists like Aretha Franklin, Gary Allan, The Beatles, Elton John, BB King, Janis Joplin, and so many more. Today, we see Muscle Shoals becoming a home to young musicians from across the nation. The music culture is more alive than ever in the Shoals! Here are some places to check out if you're looking to get a taste of the music here in Muscle Shoals.

Known by locals as 116, 116 East Mobile is a local venue in historic downtown Florence owned by Single Lock Records. 116 was established "by artists for artists." It serves the purpose of giving artists a place to perform and giving fans a place to hear artists. From painting their upcoming events on the side of the building to the antique doors hanging from the ceiling inside, 116 really stands out. 116 is home to many open mic nights, movie showings, and dances in addition to the regular shows they have. You can find out more about 116 at 116mobile.com or on their Instagram @116mobile

Co-Op Florence is an idea that you'll only find in places like Muscle Shoals! This interesting program brings artists in from out of town and pairs them with locals artists for amazing shows! The Co-Op saves venue costs by holding shows in local houses. All profits from Co-Op shows go towards making more shows; it's really a win/win situation. To find out more about Co-Op Florence and their upcoming shows, visit their Instagram @co.opflorence

Love house shows? Hear the Shoals is the place for you! Some UNA students got together and decided to open up their home as a place for local and visiting musicians to perform, and it worked perfectly. Shows are perfect from college students are prices range from pay as you can to $5. Hear the Shoals highlights fellow student musicians and students faves. Most of their shows are Friday nights; A Hear the Shoals Show is an ideal end to a busy class week. Follow them on Instagram @heartheshoals to find out when their next show is!

Singin' River Brewing Company prides itself in being the first microbrewery in Florence, AL. However, they offer much more than just their brews! Most of the company's events are open to all ages and feature great music! Their events include open mic nights, Farmers' Markets with live music, concerts, and so much more! Singin' River is probably home to the most diverse audience compared to many of the local venues. Find out more about the brewery at singinriverbrewing.com

There is always some kind of show going on in the Shoals area! From First Friday to Open Mic Nights, the music just keeps coming! The venues above are just a small sample of what Muscle Shoals has to offer, and there are many many more just like them. So get out and go to a show sometime!