20 Of Your Favorite Superheroes As Delicious Desserts

Ever wonder what your heroes would be if they transformed into sweet treats?

2110
Cup Cake Megs

Whether you're a ride and die superhero fanatic or you'll read anything about food, this list is definitely something to marvel at. Yes, I just used a pun but don't click off just yet. Here you'll find desserts that won't just satisfy your sweet tooth, they'll having you thinking about your favorite heroes in a whole new way. Including in this list are treats (and their recipes) that embrace all your hero attributes and another for those of you that want your desserts to basically sport a cape when you spot them.

1. Marvel's Captain America: A Patriotic Apple Pie or Shield Ice Cream Sandwiches

Captain America stands for what America should be instead of the country that it is, therefore the perfect dessert to represent good old Steve Rogers would be an old fashioned classic, apple pie. I mean, duh?

To get that all-American look, the perfect dessert to show off the Captain's colors of red, white, and blue would be ice cream sandwiches. More specifically, ice cream sandwiches shaped by his vibranium shield of choice. Not only does classic vanilla ice cream scream Steve, but the shield shaped cookies ties the dessert together.

2. DC's Superman: Classic Vanilla Cake with a Twist or Superman Ice Cream

Superman is one of the original heroes and his symbol is recognizable by millions. The alien Kal-el would definitely be an innocent vanilla cake hiding a surprise burst of m&ms inside. Living among citizens of Metropolis as boring farm-boy Clark Kent, vanilla cake would be the perfect mask to hide his alien insides (m&m filling). Pro-tip: It would be a fun twist to either only use red, yellow and blue m&ms for Superman or only green ones to symbolize his only weakness, Kryptonite.

Look-wise, the perfect dessert would be the red, blue, and yellow icy treat that's named after the Man of Steel himself. Superman ice cream would definitely show off your superhero pride. Not to mention, despite maintaining red, yellow, and blue, these colors come in a variety of flavors that all swirl together to become not just delicious but heroic!

3. Marvel's Iron Man: Hilariously Expensive Golden Opulence Sundae or Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries with Gold Flakes

What dessert better matches this genius billionaire playboy philanthropist than Serendipity III’s Golden Opulence Sundae? Covered in edible gold leaf, drizzled with one of the world’s most expensive chocolates, served in a Baccarat Harcourt goblet, and ringing in at $1,000, this extravagant treat encapsulates the excess (but sweetness) that is Tony Stark.

To get that Iron Man aesthetic, chocolate drizzled strawberries with edible gold flakes on top create just the right mix of red and gold with a touch of class that only Mr. Stark would approve of.

4. DC's Batman: Brooding Dark Chocolate Oreo Truffle or Bat Symbol Cookies

Dark? Check. Rich? Check. Dependable? Check. But are we talking about Batman or dark chocolate Oreo truffles? As a successful businessman-slash-powerful crime fighter, Bruce Wayne has a little too much on his plate to be wasting time with emotions. Similarly, these Oreo truffles show a hard exterior, though on the inside they’re soft and sweet.

If Batman is your theme, decorate oval-shaped sugar cookies with Batmans logo. Whip up some royal icing and frost them in the Dark Knight’s standard colors: black, yellow, and blue. Freehand this design or take the safe route with bat or Batman logo cookie cutters.

5. Marvel's Thor: Norse Struvor (Rosettes) or Mjönir Cake Pops

Thor, son of the Norse Odin is all about his people through and through. Therefore it would only make sense for his dessert to be one of his Norse physiology. This Scandinavian dessert Struvor (Rossettes) captures Thor’s personality, with his viking origin being connected to Norse mythology, and the fact that the beautiful blondness of the treat reflects the prince of Asgard. In addition, the dessert’s sweetness (as it’s dipped in sugar) is reminiscent of Thor’s kindness.

However, if you want something more connected to the Asgardian God then you should delve into tiny cakes shaped like Thor’s weapon of choice. These Mjölnir cake pops are not only scrumptious but is a strong simple because it’s what gives the Mighty Thor the power to be the God of Thunder. This sentient being chose him to be worthy and this dessert does the same with all who consume it.

6. DC's Aquaman: Ridiculously Delicious Mallow-dongs or Green Apple Jello

Despite being a Badass King of Atlantis with super cool aquatic powers, many consider him to be a joke of a hero and find this abilities laughable. However, that’s precisely why Aquaman would mallow-dongs (marshmallow filled cupcake sliders coated entirely in chocolate) if he was any sweet treat. With an absurd name (or power) some might laugh when they think of it, but just because people make fun doesn’t make the hero (or the sweet) any less bomb.

Before there was Jason Momoa’s edgy Poseidon look, there was Arthur Curry’s trusty green and orange aquatic suit. Sporting his famous colors and almost as absorbed in liquid as he is, green apple and orange jello* would be the perfect dessert for him. Whether cut up into bites and mixed, placed in a cup, or stacked on top of each other, the fruit concoction is a dessert fit for a King. *I didn't include a link because let's be honest, who doesn't know how to make jello?

7. Marvel's Hulk: Duel Personality Spicy Chocolate Cake or Smash Pudding Cups

Whether you’re dealing with Bruce Banner or Hulk himself, you’ve got a lot of power in front of you. Banner is reserved, quiet, and sweet, while Hulk is raging, strong, and a serious force to be reckoned. What better dessert incorporates the two egos than spicy chocolate cake?

For Hulk-themed parties—celebrated by children and adults alike—Hulk Smash pudding cups make the cutest dessert! All it takes is vanilla pudding, Oreo cookies, and food coloring. Simple, yet smashingly good!

8. DC's Wonder Woman: Greek Portokalopita or Red Velvet Macarons

To embrace the essence of Wonder Woman, Greek orange cake seems like the perfect choice. Portokalopita dessert originally comes from the Island Crete, thought to be the birthplace of Zeus. In many versions, Wonder Woman’s father is the King of Gods himself.

If you’re looking for a way to incorporate Wonder Woman’s look into your sweets, start off with these delicious red velvet macarons. Add a bit of blue dye to the cream cheese filling, dust the top in edible gold powder (in a star-shaped stencil if you want), and you’ve got yourself a macaron Diana wouldn’t pass up.

9. Marvel's Groot: Adorably Delectable Galaxy Bark or Cute Galaxy Cups

Whether he’s an adult tree or a reborn into a baby twig, we can all pretty much agree that Groot is amazing talented, funny, adorable, and one of our favorite parts from the Guardians of the Galaxy team. A tree through and through and a vital member of the galaxy saving team, the perfect dessert to embrace all that’s Groot would be deliciously cute galaxy bark. If you think he'd be anything else, then you've obviously never really seen him.

But for those of you that want more lovable baby trees in your life, I would go with Groot Galaxy cups. Not only are there tiny baby Groot shaped cookies, but the pudding and oreo little pot that it stands in is just plain awesome. By the time there done reading this list, you’ll want to make yourself a baby Groot of your own.

10. DC's Green Arrow: Cold but Elegant Green Sorbet or Arrow Cake Pops

A man of mystery and higher living, Oliver Queen would definitely be a green apple and cider sorbet. As cold as the China sea he was stranded on, this dessert is cold yet classy and sophisticated. Despite his vigilante nights as Star City’s Green Arrow, under the cold hides a layer of sweetness as he vows to protect his people.

If you’re looking for that Robin Hod type style that Green Arrow seems to be rocking, then be sure to make green velvet cake pop arrows. This may not shoot through the air but will definitely have you reaching for another for your quiver. *I had to combine two recipes, one for the cake pops on their own and another to make the arrow tips to glue to the end of your cake pop that won’t make them taste better but will make them look cooler. *Another side note: the arrow tips are gold in the link but you can make them green/black to match Oliver Queen’s ensemble if you prefer!

11. Marvel's Ant-Man: Jelly-filled Mini Donuts or Chocolate Covered Rice Krispies

Small, sweet, and underrated, mini donuts fit Ant-Man perfectly. Scott Lang means well; though his thievery landed him in prison, he’s out to provide for his daughter and kick some insect ass while he’s at it. The jelly center only adds to his sugary personality—maybe his name should be Sugar Ant-Man?

An Ant-Man theme is no small feat. For this look-a-like treat, start with Rice Krispie treats, dip them in red chocolate melts, and roll black fondant into cute little ants on top. To keep the mess to a minimum, place these treats on paper sticks to keep hands clean.

12. DC's Robin: Chocolate Birds Nest or the loyal 7 Layer Cookies

In a way, Robin is like a bird’s nest—there for support, but at the same time vital. Not to mention, you know, birds. Like the hero himself, these chocolate birds’ nests are sweet and salty, and always around when you need them.

While our Robin look-alike dessert takes a solid 11 hours to craft, it is well worth the wait. Reminiscent of his days as a Flying Grayson, this treat takes on his classic colors of red, yellow, and green. While Robin spends the day fighting crime, these seven-layer cookies spend the day in the fridge.

13. Marvel's Wolverine: Badass Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee or Lemon Bars with Blueberries

Wolverine or James Howlett (renamed Logan) is known for many things but being “sweet” isn’t one of them, which is why dark chocolate creme brûlée is the perfect dessert for the mutant. The dark chocolate compliments this sharp attitude and razor claws while the creme brûlée shows how his hard exertion (hard caramel) harbors a softer side (custard) or his heart of gold (or adamantium…see what I did there) even though he’ll never admit it.

Looks wise, I think the a subtle nod to his classic x-men colors of blue and yellow would be best since we never got to see the costume on the big screen (instead getting weird black leather suits?) Therefore the perfect dessert for Weapon X would be lemon bars with blueberries. I know some might think that this dessert is a stretch because it doesn’t really scream “wolverine” but its kind of the point. I mean he wants to be left alone and is going to tell you to f**** off anyway so might as well embrace his tart taste.

14. DC's The Flash: On-the-Go Cake in a Jar or Lightning Bolt Rice Krispies

Whether the man behind the mask is Barry Allen or Wally West, The Flash is for sure the fastest man alive (in the Dc Universe at least but don’t get me started with that). Therefore his dessert should be just as quick, making the easily portable red velvet cake in a jar would be the perfect sweet treat for the Scarlet Speedster.

However, if decoration is more your speed (see what I did there) or you just like Flash’s iconic symbol, then the perfect dessert would be rice krispie treats cut in the shape of lightning bolts. I know that they’re simple and childish, but the Flash always did have a wicked sweet of childhood wonder. That sense of humor combined with his sped up sped speaking that sounds like rice krispies make this dessert a no-brainer. If you’re feeling fancy, I’m sure drizzling them in red chocolate will do the trick.

*I couldn't find an image of them cut out into lightning bolts so you'll just have to make them to see the real beauty.

15. Marvel's Daredevil: Devil's Food Cake or Devil of Hell's Kitchen Cupcakes

Matt Murdock may be seen as blind catholic lawyer, but his nightly habits of vigilante work as the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen makes his dessert a sinfully delectable devil’s food cake. A moist robust chocolate mess is the perfect way to describe this defender who studies the law while taking it into his own hands. It’s okay if it doesn’t look like the neatest cake ever, because let’s face it, Daredevil wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.

But if a delicious plate of chocolate doesn’t fit your Daredevil aesthetic then feel free to chow down on cute as the devil cupcakes. You can follow the first recipe to make devil’s food cupcakes and then frost them to look like his first black night uniform or his classic horned red suit. Don’t be afraid to go for it, be like the Man without Fear himself.

16. DC's Zatanna: Rebellious Brookies or Magician (Pretzel) Wands

Zatanna is not exactly known for following the rules. While she’s typically doing it for the right reason, Zatanna does have a habit of disobeying. Brookies fit Zatanna’s personality for two reasons: how they’re made (by mixing brownie and cookie dough together) and where this treat can often be found. What better place for young rebellion than a high school party? Throughout my high school experience, brookies were always involved at these unsupervised free-for-alls.

While our look-alike treat better matches an accessory of Zatanna than her own looks, it’s too cute to pass up. These magician wands only take three ingredients: pretzels and melted chocolate. In just a few minutes, you can be casting your own spells—so long as you’re fully concentrated. Simply dip the pretzel wands first in milk or dark chocolate (optional) and stick in fridge to harden. Then, dip about an inch of the ends in white chocolate and boom! You’ve got yourself a wand.

17. Marvel's Black Panther: Rich and Royal Sex in a Pan or Mysteriously Delicious Lava Cake

While there are most certainly more positive qualities to the Black Panther besides his wealth, looks, and royalty; these traits do make for an excellent dessert. Sex in a pan layers multiple sweets to create the ultimate delicious and decadent dessert, fit even for the king of Wakanda.

It’s hard to track down a treat that captures T’Challa’s animalistic looks without being cute and kitten-like. Instead, whip up a cute and delicious lava cake, and adorn it with sugar sheet cutouts to replicate the Black Panther’s suited-up neck piece.

18. Marvel's Spider-Man: No Expertise Needed Microwave Mug Cake or Red Velvet Webbed Whoopie Pies

Doesn’t matter who’s playing your friendly neighborhood Spider-man, we can call agree that the teenage hero has captured all our hearts with his webbed heroism and genius but dorky demeanor. Therefore the perfect sweet for the kid hero would be microwave mug cake, something easily made and consumed by teenagers with no cooking talent much like Peter Parker becoming a hero without experience.

However, if you want something to match his classic red and blue suit, then the ultimate Spider-man treat (see what I did there) would be adorkable red velvet whoopee pies with blue* webbed frosting on the top. This goodie includes a reference to his signature move (webbing) and accurate color coordination to his classic costume. *Recipe calls for white frosting but just add a little food coloring to take yours to a whole new level.

19. Marvel's Black Widow: Bitter Sweet Chocolate Truffles or Seductively Smooth Blackout Cupcakes

Black Widow is not known for her kindness or affectionate nature. It only seems fitting that we keep that in mind when finding a dessert that really represents her attitude. These truffles are bitter and spicy, but still hold that sweet bit of chocolate. While these treats may take a bit of time to make, they’re well worth the wait, just like warming up to Natasha Romanova.

What treat mirrors Black Widow better than Blackout Cupcakes? (hint: none). Once again we’re hitting up that bitter dark chocolate that matches not only Natasha’s personality, but her iconic outfit of choice. The added coffee and lime juice enhance the flavor even further, and you’ll be fighting off others for the last cupcake as well as this hero.

20. Marvel's Deadpool: Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichanga or Red Velvet Brownies with Oreo Sleeves

If there’s one thing we know about Deadpool, it’s that he loves his chimichangas. What better way to incorporate one of his favorite foods, as well as his sweet-but-tart attitude than to make strawberry cheesecake chimichangas? Either way, is Wade Wilson going to pass up an opportunity to eat?

To get a flawless Deadpool look, red velvet Oreo brownies are the way to go. Not only do these taste delicious, but you’ll get that sweet signature Deadpool mask look with no artistic abilities required.

Whether you're having a hero-themed party or you're just really into the Marvel/DC scene, these desserts will provide you with more than enough food and entertainment. Is it wrong to tell everyone that justice has been served when you put these treats out?