Super Foods Your Body Will Thank You For This Summer

The Key Ingredients: Protein, Vitamins, And Hydration.

870

Summer is finally here and now all the delicious, juicy fruits are in season as well.

Now that the heat is finally among us, we have to remember to feed our bodies with nutrients that will fill us with strong vitamins and keep us hydrated for the long days and nights filled with humidity.

The super fruit that is key for our bodies are avocados. According to Medical News Today, the avocado has over 20 vitamins including vitamin C,E,K, and B-6 and minerals for your body. One avocado provides your body with 64 healthy calories and has three grams of fiber. The super fruit also is healthy for many organs in your body including the heart and is great for keeping your vision strong. The fruit also is a preventive for cancer and supports bone health. If you need any more reason to eat this super fruit, it also improves digestion issues and detoxifies your body.

Summer is the time to keep your body replenished in the sun and what better way to do that with a variety of fruits. Fruits primarily grown in the summer time are great for multiple reasons and each one serves a specific function in the body. Tomatoes are great for keeping your heart healthy and strong and also prevents cancers. Strawberries and pineapple are great snacks to keep at the beach or any day trip to keep your skin hydrated and also provide your body with vitamin C to prevent sickness.

Another great snack to bring along in a baggie would be seeds or nuts. Specifically, sunflower seeds to help replenish vitamin E to the body, but also almonds to give your body some added protein to help you stay active through the hot days ahead.

Summer salads are almost a must for a healthy lunch and having kale or spinach instead of romaine lettuce could be a simple change to add much needed vitamins to your summer diet. The switch can supply your body with vitamin K, which has multiple benefits including clotting of the blood.

However, summer is not all about laying around at the beach when the nice weather hits, but also about becoming more fit when hiking trails and taking runs. Adding protein to your diet might not be a bad idea to keep your body fit. Like I mentioned earlier, almonds are a great snack to add protein, but also adding eggs to your diet can help add a little bit extra.

Lastly, with every meal water is your best friend. It can be easy to fall short of this habit and become dehydrated especially when staying active with the heat. Drinking plenty of water will help your organs in numerous ways, but will also help your brain and body stay hydrated and ready for whatever the summer may bring.