Once again, it's time for the National Football League's biggest game of the year. Super Bowl LIV brings the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs together in Miami to determine who is this year's ultimate champion. This gives the rest of us — whether fans of the teams or not — the good ole fashioned opportunity to scarf down some wings, cheers that solo cup of cheap beer, and watch athletes who actually know what they're doing fight for the title.
While a continuous stream of appetizers is no doubt the highlight of the game, sometimes you need to stretch your legs, get off the couch, and just move a little bit. For whatever reason, the athleticism shown on your TV screen doesn't impact your bones the same way it moves the superstars actually making the plays. With that in mind, maybe it's time for a Super Bowl LIV workout challenge.
1. Our girl Demi finishes the National Anthem and the crowd goes wild: Touch your toes, start warmin' up
2. During the coin toss: 30-second plank
3. Someone fumbles the ball: 25 calf raises
4. When a car commercial comes on: 1 minute of high knees
5. Jimmy Garoppolo is shown, helmet off: Take a moment to swoon, then do 10 jumping jacks
6. Someone sacks the QB: 10 burpees
7. Someone misses a field goal: 15 push-ups
8. Whenever a team calls a timeout: 45 second flutterkick
9. A chip commercial comes on: 10 squats
10. JLo tosses her hair during the halftime show: 5 mountain climbers
11. Shakira's hips don't even think about lying: 10 lunges
12. When you realize these two middle-aged women just SLAYED the halftime show: Another 30-second plank
13. Someone intercepts the ball: 20 crunches
14. When a beer commercial comes on: Water (wink wink) break!
15. Ellen's Amazon Alexa commercial comes on: 30 second wall sit
16. A team goes for a two-point conversion: 20 mountain climbers
17. Someone scores a touchdown: Victory dance
I hope your sweat sesh brings the game day vibes, even though I can't promise a sparkling trophy. Go get em, champ!