Sunny Days And Catchin' Rays

Sunny Days And Catchin' Rays

Six reasons why you need a vacation.
25

I'm currently sitting in a window seat on a Jet Blue flight en route to California with my wonderful mom. I haven’t been on vacation in God knows how long and boy do I need it. After the terrible, terrible winter Syracuse had (unfortunately nothing new, and nothing that will change anytime soon), the stress of freshman year of college, and lots of work, I look forward to this vacation more than ever.

Here are six reasons why going on vacation (whether it’s with family, friends, or by yourself) is good for mind, body, and soul.

1. Eating out every day!

One of the best things about going away is opening yourself up to new opportunities and experiences. One of those experiences is food, and having the chance to eat out all the time. No matter where you go, there’s always something delicious that will satisfy your cravings. And you don’t have to cook!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3cGoIgatKEQ/U7G1Y7fkeMI/AAAAAAAAFwQ/K0XModF6Olg/s1600/LoveFood.gif

2. Take a break from reality.

We all know how stressful life can be: work, school, sports, relationships, etc. Going on vacation is the perfect stress reliever. Stepping away from the bubble of your phone, work, and normal routine for however long you’re gone may be just what you need to de-stress, smile, and feel revitalized.

http://media.giphy.com/media/WtDaZMgeyoGju/giphy.gif

3. Pictures, pictures, pictures.

Let’s face it (girls especially), we love showing friends what we’re up to….our social media sites blow up with pictures lounging on the beach, snorkeling in the ocean, zip-lining in the rainforest, and so much more. Everyone is envious of our trip. Instagram is filled with gorgeous sunset pictures, bikini bodies, and captivating sights we see along the way. The best part is having no shame at all sharing our relaxing vacation.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mczxx9jnPm1rhz942o1_400.gif

4. Shopping spree!

Nobody wants to go on vacation with old clothes! Going away gives you a reason to head to your favorite stores to buy the cutest and latest outfits, shoes, and bathing suits. It may put a pretty large hole in your bank account, though. Fashion comes at a price.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ejn6xH5mnmtMI/giphy.gif

5. Local flavor.

Whether you’re travelling somewhere new, or to a place you’ve been to multiple times before, experiencing a taste of what it’s like to live in that area is always exciting. You get to see how others live, work, and play. You also get to explore exotic places, breathtaking scenery, and engaging tourists and locals. What more could you ask for?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Emma-Stone-Screaming-This-is-the-Best-Ellen.gif

6. Breathe.

Sit back and relax; you deserve to! These days we’re constantly running from place to place with little down time. Vacation is the perfect opportunity to enjoy yourself, energize your batteries, and stop and smell the roses. You’ll be a happier person for it.

https://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/oh-dorota-just-relax.gif

Whether it’s a short road trip with friends, a visit to another coast, a ten-day cruise to the Bahamas, or anything in between, any sort of break from reality will do so much good. Expose yourself to new life experiences, change your scenery, and create lasting memories.

Vacation on.

https://d3819ii77zvwic.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mnj888Jab71s6z99jo1_500.gif