Forget Almond Butter, You Need Sun Butter

Why not try out this peanut/ tree nut/ gluten-free spread?

22
rosannadavisonnutrition

Peanut butter has become one of my go-to snacks, it's protein filled that provides me energy to begin my day. If you know me, I start every morning with my all time favorite pre-workout meal: peanut butter and banana on toast. I can't help it, it's so good! Although peanut butter provides a solid chunk of nutrients, there are healthier, less fatty options out there that can do the trick.

A popular peanut butter alternative is almond butter but has you ever given sun butter a try? This sunflower-based butter has significantly more magnesium, zinc, iron and Vitamin E according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Containing just as much protein as peanut butter but with a third less saturated fat, no trans fat, less sugar, and less sodium. I prefer sun butter to almond butter just on the texture alone, it isn't as gritty or salty. Just smooth and creamy the way your favorite nut butter should be!

Sun butter contains vitamins A, C, D, E and K. Sunflower seeds also supply minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium.

How To Make Sun Butter

188 calories

15.8g fat

9 carbs

1g sugar

2.2g fiber

6g protein

40 mg calcium

Why not try out this peanut/ tree nut/ gluten-free nut butter?