11 Thoughts About The Beginning of Summer

We all go through this when going home for the summer.

12
Bob Smith/123rf Stock Photo

Another school year ends, another summer begins. The endless hours spent studying everything you never actually learned from the past semester are behind you, and dorm room living is no longer your life style. Finally, summer has arrived, and three months of sunshine and an absence of homework lies ahead. The beginning stages of summer are as follows:

1. Finally, I have time to realize how miserable functioning off four hours of sleep for the last two weeks actually feels

2. Let me make up for that time by sleeping for the next six days straight

3. I forgot how wonderful showering without shoes on truly is

4. I'm actually looking forward to starting my summer job knowing I don't have to memorize vocabulary words or write a 15 page paper along with it

5. Can't wait to begin my summer diet consisting of a steady intake of ice cream daily

6. Nothing says "the end of the semester" quite like an empty bank account

7. Realistically my greatest accomplishment this summer will result in how many different series I can watch on Netflix.

8. How I'm ever going to unpack my entire dorm room is beyond me

9. Final grades finally coming out should be a good time

10. I forget how to live without waking up to my roommates everyday

11. When is next years move in day again?