Why Doesn't Summer Really Feel Like Summer?

Northern Michigan is at it again with the crazy weather. One day it's 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky, and the next three days are 55 and rainy. So far for me, this summer has been nothing but work and baseball games. My bank account is starting to show how much I've been working, but even on my days off, I do nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about not having school and being home. However, it would be nice to be on the lake for more than one day this summer. I have a summer bucket list that I want to complete, but the weather has to agree with me in order to start it.

I was looking forward to summer vacation all spring semester and now that it is here, I low-key want to be in East Lansing again to see my college friends and be back in my normal schedule. I think the most difficult thing about summer is the fact that I don't have a "normal" schedule like I do when I am away at school.

I hope this summer gets a little better. I have done a lot of thinking and reflecting this last month about my schoolwork and my personal life and I believe this time off has been beneficial- even if I am not as tan as I would like to be. Who knows what's going to happen in the next 10 weeks? I hope I get to spend time with my friends and family and also work hard so that I can treat myself this school year!

From Your Site Articles