Summer Reading List

Now that school is over and the only thing to stress about is work, it's the perfect time to catch up on reading all of those books that sit on a dusty shelf day after day. During the school year, there's never any time to read a book on your own that isn't a required text. Summer is the perfect time to read the novels we said we'd get to later time and time again. Here is my reading list for this summer.

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

upload.wikimedia.org

How I became interested in this book is actually kind of funny. I was watching an episode of "Pretty Little Liars" when it was still on air, and this book popped up with some things hidden in it from missing Alison DiLaurentis. I figured since I loved this show that I would love the book they put in it. Lolita is about a young girl and a much older guy who fall in love. It seems strange, but it's supposed to be a classic.

Diary of an Oxygen Thief by Anonymous

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diary-of-an-Oxygen-Thie...

I received this book as a present for Christmas a few years back but still haven't found the time to read it. This book became famous all across Twitter and everyone was raving about it. I figured I'd too jump on the bandwagon to see what all of the fuss was about. Hopefully this book matches up to all of its hype.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

http://www.johngreenbooks.com/an-abundance-of-katherines

Who doesn't love a good John Green novel?? From "The Fault in Our Stars" to "Looking for Alaska," all of his books have made me feel a rollercoaster of emotions that are hard to explain. In this book, the main character only dates girls name Katherine. Pretty peculiar, right? I'm putting this book on a very high pedestal.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

upload.wikimedia.org

A very old novel but a modern classic. I fell in love with Alice in Wonderland when I was younger whenever I first saw the cartoon movie, and loved the live action movie that came out just a few years ago. I told myself I needed to read the book to grasp a better understanding of what was going through Carroll's mind while writing this story, and this summer I am going to make that happen.

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

live.staticflickr.com

My all time favorite book to ever exist. I have read this book three times already, but I could read it 300 more. I relate to Charlie in so many different ways that even though I have read this book before, I'm still overcome by all of the emotions like it's my first time reading it.

There are so many different worlds out there, you just have to be willing to pick up a book and read about them. This summer, increase your literacy and get out there and read!!!