Carnivals, parades, and parties have some of the best dessert treats the world of food has to offer. Summertime is the best opportunity to give them a try. Whether it is to crave your sweet tooth or just because, what should you look for?

1. Deep Fried Oreos

c1.staticflickr.com

A Deep Fried Oreo is a dessert or snack consisting of an Oreo which is dipped in batter and deep-fried. It is commonly served with powdered sugar or other sweet toppings, but sometimes just plain. It is sure to be amazing any which way you decide to enjoy them!

2. Churro

c1.staticflickr.com

Churros are one of the oldest and best summer treats. A churro is basically fried dough with sweet sugar and cinnamon flavoring in the center. Heat it up and it's sure to knock you off your feet.

3. Funnel Cake

upload.wikimedia.org

A funnel cake is a fried dough dessert poured through a funnel pan which is how it earned its name. Its popularity grew from being served at popular summer events such as carnivals and amusement parks.

4. Fried Twinkies (Yes, I Just Said FRIED TWINKIES.)

upload.wikimedia.org

A twinkie is a finger-shaped cake with a cream filling. So, people decided to try it fried. In my humble opinion, if you've never had one, then you haven't lived.

5. Banana Split

c1.staticflickr.com

A banana split is a classic dessert made by cutting a banana in half, with traditionally 3 scoops of ice cream, syrup sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and sometimes a cherry.

6. Cheese Cake

c1.staticflickr.com

The definition of cheesecake sounds just as good as it tastes: "The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese (typically cream cheese or ricotta), eggs, vanilla and sugar; if there is a bottom layer it often consists of a crust or base made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, or pastry."

7. Pie (Apple Or Any Fruit)

c1.staticflickr.com

Everyone loves pie, whether it be Grandma's apple, Mom's pumpkin, or a fruit pie, there is something for everyone to dive into and enjoy any day!

So, the next time you crave a sweet treat, what will it be?