College Is The Time Of Your Life

And We're Back... Back To School

Goodbye summer, hello fall semester!

71

As college students start to head back to their schools, there is definitely a bittersweet feeling. Hopefully, most of you enjoyed your time in your hometown for the past couple of months. If you went on any vacations, I hope you had a blast. If you volunteered, I am proud of you. If you worked on your happiness, I am proud of you. Whatever you did, I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly.

It is now time to reflect back on your summer home from college.

Did you take a breath from your schoolwork?

Fully having a relaxing, enjoyable summer break is vital to success in the fall semester. It is important to give your mind and body a rest from your academics and school activities. Summer break is one of the best things. It gives students a refreshing cleanse from the months spent at college and it allows time for families to bond with their college student.

As I sit here writing, I feel happy and sad at the same time. I feel happy for the new beginnings that await me. I am sad about leaving my beloved hometown and family again.

It is definitely a blessing feeling to be attending an amazing University, meeting many new people, and most importantly arriving home to my wonderful family.

College is a great experience for growth. Each and every day at college is a learning experience. Living away from home gives students the freedom to grow as adults. When students are on their own, they tend to teach themselves lessons and learn lessons from others.

Heading back to school for the fall semester is the best. You have the memories you have made over the past few months to share with many different people from all different places. You can smile at the thought of your family waiting for Thanksgiving break to come quick! And hopefully, you can be determined to excel in your schoolwork for the start of the semester.

Many times, people say "Do not rush college away. It is the best time of your life." Personally, I see why. It is a great change from home to school and vice versa and I feel that it gives students the chance to grow in such a short amount of time.

Some of these thoughts may keep you up at night, and you may be wondering if you are truly enjoying the experience out of college, but that is a good thing.

I want each and every one of you to get the most out of your college experience and summer break.

Good luck this semester!