Your Summer Glow Doesn't Have To Come From A Tan

But it can if you want it to.

19
Photo by Court Prather on Unsplash

Once upon a time summer began and I started the search for the perfect bronze that I had seen all over tv.

I looked in the aisles of spray tan and tanning lotions, yet I found nothing that didn't leave me with hives or a very orange tan.

I then started exploring the depths of laying out for hours on end, yet I wound up as red as a tomato. Soon I started to realize that the odds of me finding my perfect bronze were looking slim.

It was then I decided that maybe I did not need to be tan to have the summer glow I had always craved.

I decided to love the skin I was born with.

While I still love being outside and am always down for an afternoon at the pool, I would prefer to wear sunscreen instead of tanning oil. I'd rather be in the pool than on the side.

I don't want to be tan. I like being able to keep the same foundation all year long.

I have learned to appreciate my natural beauty.

I have learned that I do not like the way I look when I am tan. I love the fact that I have dark hair and that adding a red lip makes me look like snow white.

Yet, I don't care if you chose to tan and if that is what your glow comes from than more power to you!

Everyone needs to do what they want to do to feel happy and proud of the face that they see when they look in the mirror.

Your summer glow is the smile that you show every time you realize how proud you are to be you! Your summer glow is the beauty that makes you feel like the best you!