9 Fun Things To Do This Summer In Tyngsboro

There are so many fun things to do in any hometown, you just have to look for it!

60
contoocook canoe

It's the middle of summer, and if you're like me, you have run out of fun things to do. While there are the obvious choices like a trip to the beach or into the city, why not stay a little closer to home and do some fun things in your hometown! Tyngsboro has a lot to offer, so here are some suggestions to get you started:

1. Max's Country Golf

Whether you want to play mini golf, go to a driving range, hit some balls at the batting cage, cool off on some bumper boats, or end the day with an ice cream, Max's Country Golf is filled with activities for any age!

2. Parlee Farms

Parlee Farms is another great attraction in Tyngsboro ~ You can go most of the year, and pick whatever fruits or vegetables are in season. And if you don't feel like picking your own, you can buy fresh from the store!

There are always activities, whether it be tractor rides, a hay maze, feeding the animals, getting ice cream, or buying some delicious apple cider donuts, everyone will find something to do!

3. AMC Theaters

If it's a rainy day, go see a movie! The refurbished theaters have very comfortable seats and are the best place to catch the latest films. Hit the Dollar Store in the same plaza for cheap snacks and enjoy the movie!

4. Kayaking on the Merrimack River

For the adventurous type, try kayaking on the Merrimack River! It is refreshing, outdoors, and a secret way to exercise. Plus, you get great views of the Tyngsboro Bridge!

5. Sullivan’s, obviously

For the best homemade ice cream in town, go to Sullivan Farms Ice Cream. Open 10 am to 10 pm, almost year round, with a HUGE variety of flavors, Sullivan's has everything you could possibly want. Located right near the Tyngsboro Bridge, it is a definite place to go during the summer.

6. Elementary School Fields

If you know you want to spend the day outside, try going to the Tyngsboro Elementary School fields! There are soccer, football, softball, and baseball fields, along with tennis and basketball courts.

Being such a beautiful complex, there are so many possibilities! Grab some friends and a ball, take your dog for a walk around the area, or catch a game! If you are looking for some turf, head over to the high school on the other side of the bridge, but watch out for the heat!

7. Mr. Mac’s

Mr. Mac's is the new restaurant in town! It sells tons of different flavors of mac and cheese and is absolutely delicious! You can eat in or take out, and to make things even easier, there is a drive-through window for pickups! Head over to Mr. Mac's for some new takes on an old favorite.

8. Flint’s Corner

Another great place for food is Flint's Corner. There is Flint's Corner Pizza & Seafood, carrying foods like pizza, chicken, pastas, and subs, which are also eat in or take out. In addition, Flint's Corner is home to Feng Shui, which serves sushi and Chinese food. Check out Flint's Corner for whatever you're in the mood for!

9. Lake Mascuppic

Finally, if you're looking for a good way to cool off, check out Lake Mascuppic! A great place for swimming, boating, tubing, kayaking, you name it! Grab a group of friends and have a day on the lake!

I hope you have enjoyed this list of things to do in Tyngsboro, and please know that it's just a start. There are so many fun things to do in any hometown, you just have to look for it!