A Summer Fling For Every Zodiac Sign

A Summer Fling For Every Zodiac Sign

Tips and ideas to create each sign's ideal summer romance.

255
A Summer Fling For Every Zodiac Sign
Northwest College Support

For most people, a successful summer means fun in the sun with friends and loved ones. However, others might argue that summer is not complete without a seasonal romance or two. Whether it lasts for just a weekend or the entire summer, a summer fling provides that surge in our romantic lives that we might be missing the rest of the year.

Yet, before jumping into the deep end of a summer romance, wade a bit and discover whether or not your sign is capable of this kind of short-term commitment.

1. Aries (March 21-April 19)

As the first sign of the zodiac, an Aries lives for a good rush and needs to feel a thrill during every stage of a relationship. Because an Aries initially values excitement over contentment, this fire sign will probably be able to move on from a short fling more easily than others. Summer dates should focus on appeasing this adrenaline junkie, such as riding roller coasters at an amusement park for hours. Of course, this sign could be just as excited to hang out inside, as long as it gets the blood pumping.

2. Taurus (April 20-May 20)

As the first earth sign, a Taurus is always grounded. However, this level of reliability is more beneficial at work or home rather than in a quick romance. Practical in almost every situation, this sign might struggle to start a fling just because he or she knows it will not last. A Taurus values long-term commitment and appreciates romance more than passion. Yet, if a Taurus were to step outside his or her comfort zone, the best summer date would take this sign’s interests under consideration and gravitate toward the intimacy of a private garden or kitchen.

3. Gemini (May 21-June 20)

This social butterfly could easily jump from one fling to another over the entire summer. This air sign’s socialness also makes him or her a natural flirt while shooting the breeze. Geminis supposedly have the energy of two, so a couple flings could easily relieve this sign’s desire for excitement and interaction. Since a Gemini is always ready to learn something and meet someone new, the ideal summer date would probably include an entire group of people, like taking a couples class before finally sneaking off to be alone.

4. Cancer (June 21-July 22)

More than physical or intellectual, this water sign requires an emotional connection. Cancers are very aware of their own feelings and those of others, which makes starting a fling a little risky in the emotional department. This sign also clings to security, which is about the exact opposite of what a summer fling offers. However, if someone special enough earns a Cancer’s attention and interest, this sign might compromise and agree to a fling with relaxing dates, like silently cuddling and watching the sunset on a beach together.

5. Leo (July 23-August 22)

Another fire sign, a Leo is quick to appreciate a good time more than responsibility. However, this sign can plan and organize the best events, including summer flings. A Leo also knows how to be and stay in control, which means that the fling does not end until he or she gets bored. Getting bored is unlikely, though, thanks to the Leo’s high-spiritedness. Because of the Leo’s emphasis on fun and frolic, this sign would mostly appreciate dates with either endless excitement or an audience to impress, like a beach contest or bonfire.

6. Virgo (August 23-September 22)

As the sign most often associated with innocence rather than passion, a Virgo probably has little real interest in a fling. However, a Virgo might agree to one in the promise that he or she will not get hurt. This earth sign is actually one of the most vulnerable, and it knows how to guard its heart. Of all the signs, this one rather enjoy a sweet romance rather than a steamy fling. To make a Virgo feel comfortable, a summer date should be kept simple, like hiking on a nature trail.

7. Libra (September 23-October 22)

Of all the signs, Libra might be the first to seek a summer fling for companionship. Summer is simply not a time of solitude for this sign. However, a Libra has high expectations for any partnership and will not tolerate uninteresting or unintellectual company. Once feelings start to develop, though, a Libra will prefer moments of peace over passion. A Libra’s ideal fling will probably start exciting and include everything from hang gliding to wind surfing. Yet, by the end of the season, a Libra will be just as content strolling along the boardwalk.

8. Scorpio (October 23-November 21)

Always ready for a new adventure, this water sign will keep a fling as exciting as it started. However, once a Scorpio starts to develop feelings for another person, he or she will become extremely devoted and likely struggle to let the relationship end after summer. A quick and heated fling would probably be least stressful for this sign. To meet this sign’s need for thrills, a Scorpio would likely most enjoy passing the time with high-impact water sports like surfing and wakeboarding.

9. Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

This fire sign is all about the freedom to wander, which gives a Sagittarius the perfect mindset before starting any summer fling. This sign might even have a new fling every weekend if a former one starts to get boring. As for dates, the wilder is probably the better. From going on an impromptu road trip to dancing at a music festival, this sign is open to everything. Of course, Sagittarius would also be just as content at a beach party, as long as a good time is guaranteed.

10. Capricorn (December 22-January 19)

Another earth sign, Capricorn values responsibility and tradition more than the average fling will probably allow. Capricorn will also only start a fling with a like-minded individual since this sign struggles with differences and compromises, which eliminates a lot of potential partners. However, if a Capricorn were to let loose, he or she would mostly value a seemingly average outing with a calm companion. A fling might sound exciting, but a Capricorn would be most content doing something simple like camping or even just getting ice cream together.

11. Aquarius (January 20-February 18)

For this air sign, the sky is truly the limit. An Aquarius is usually independent and needs time alone to recharge, but this sign is ready for fun with friends the rest of the summer. This social sign can also enjoy almost any company. However, an Aquarius will rarely put up with feeling bored or too confined in any kind of relationship, so a fling should be lively and free from beginning to end. Whether sky diving or simply flying a kite, an Aquarius just wants to be entertained.

12. Pisces (February 19-March 20)

This water sign is a natural romantic, which means the fling might become more lovey-dovey than expected. A Pisces combines passion and tenderness, a perfect combination for more long-term relationships. However, in a fling, this sign can also have a good time as long as he or she feels a connection with the other person. No matter how short the fling, a Pisces is rightfully picky when choosing whom to spend the summer with. For this gentle sign, he or she needs nothing more than just lazily lounging by the pool or beach.