summer eyeshadow palettes

5 eyeshadow palettes to Make your summer-self Shine

Shine bright like a diamond or a shimmer shadow

9
Alina Baiju

Summer is a time of bright sun, colorful clothes, and beautiful beaches. And for many people, it's a time to try new things without the constraints of school holding you back-- and since it's said that eyes are the window to your soul, what better place is there to express yourself? So here's a list of must-try eyeshadow palettes from leading brands like Urban Decay, Tarte, Morphe, and BH Cosmetics to show off your stunning summer self!

1. Urban Decay Moondust Palette

urban decay moondust palette

ulta.com

This palette has eight beautiful shimmer shades, ranging from a light pink to a dark blue. It's perfect for whenever you want to add a bit of shine to an everyday look or for a quick trip out. It's fancy without being too fancy-- perfect for summer. Specter is my personal favorite shade, especially layered over tan.

2. BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil Palette

BH cosmetics take me back to Brazil palette

ulta.com

This palette is perfect for adding a pop of color to a simple look-- my personal favorite use for it is to outline my eyeliner with it, adding a 3D effect to the liner and adding color at the same time! It has 35 extremely pigmented pressed shadows. The small size of the pans may seem limiting (most of the shadows are approximately dime-sized), but bright colors are not often used, so this palette lasts longer than expected; I've had mine for nearly a year, and I haven't hit pan on any of them yet. This is my absolute favorite color palette and is perfect for summer.

3. Tarte Be A Mermaid And Make Waves Palette

Tarte Be A Mermaid And Make Waves Palette

ulta.com

This palette has 14 matte and shimmer shades made with Amazonian clay, all of which have an impressive color payoff. Additionally, the palette component is absolutely stunning-- it's an iridescent blue-green seashell compact.

4. Morphe Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

ulta.com

This palette contains 35 highly pigmented matte and shimmer shades, all of which were selected by beauty mogul Jaclyn Hill, who has over 4.2 million subscribers on her beauty-centered YouTube channel. It has a good blend of nudes and bright colors, perfect for either every day looks or bright beachy ones.

5. Morphe Nudie Patootie Eyeshadow Palette ~ $45

Morphe Nudie Patootie Eyeshadow Palette

lauraleelosangeles.com

Made with another famous beauty guru, Laura Lee, the Nudie Patootie Palette contains 14 highly pigmented nude shades, in shimmers, mattes, foils, and duochromes. This is for the people out there who don't prefer the bright colors generally associated with summer on their person, but would still like to enjoy a warm-toned palette for the warmer months.