summer 2019

6 Summer Day Trips

Summer 2019 is right around the corner.

71
6 Summer Day Trips
Meredith Flanagan

If you don't have quite enough money for a long vacation this summer, think about one of these day trips to make some memories!

1. Professional Sports Game

An amazing way to spend a sunny summer day is watching your favorite sports team play ball. Many weekday games also have specials such as dollar dog night. You can win free prizes and memorabilia. Plus see an awesome firework show!

2. Day At the Lake

Spending a day at the lake can make up for not being at the beach. Truthfully, you're there for the tan and laying your towel or chair in the sand! Pack your bag, call your friends, and find your closest lake. A day spent together in the sun is nothing but fun!

3. Water-park/ Theme Park

Ohio along with other states have water and theme parks that have affordable day passes. There's nothing like a lazy river on a hot August day or a thrilling roller coaster ride giving you butterflies in your stomach. These parks make for the PERFECT day trip!

4. Nature Day

Hocking Hills is an amazing spot for hikers or anyone looking for a peaceful get-away. The park contains 25 miles of trails to hike on and pass beautiful scenery like waterfalls. With all the walking you'll be doing, you can add in a picnic to your day!

5. Wildlife (zoo)

Ohio alone has three major zoos across the state! Most people go on field trips when they are younger, but don't always go back. The animals at the zoo are incredible and visiting is a learning experience as well as a good time.

6. Island Life

farm4.staticflickr.com

Kelley's Island is a perfect get-away that could be turned into an overnight trip. Besides the well-known party scene, the island has much more to offer. The Kelley's Island State Park, Glacial Grooves, and Scheele Preserve are beautiful places to visit to learn more about the Island's nature.

Above are just a few ways to have a "mini" summer vacation if you aren't going on one this summer or how to spend your summer days with those around you.