Why Summer Birthdays Are The Ultimate Birthdays

Summer lovin' happened so fast...

60
City Moms Blog

Since we are approaching the end of the school year or semester, depending on if you're in college or a lower grade level, we're all rushing to get to summer 2016! What makes the summer better for those who didn't have a birthday during the school year? A summer birthday! As we all know, everyone has a birthday whether it's in the spring, fall, winter or summer, and we all consider our birthday a "holiday" because hey, why not? That's the day that it's all about you! Yes, you! Birthdays are fun no matter what season they're in but, what beats a birthday in the summer? Absolutely nothing!

Why are summer birthdays the best, you ask? Well, let's think about it. There is no school (unless you have summer school), you don't have to invite every kid in your class (we all know how annoying that is!), there are fewer holidays (which means more presents!), the weather is warmer (would you rather sleigh ride or swim?), the nights are longer (more enjoyable time with friends and family!) and most importantly, you could spend your birthday on the beach (toes in the water, toes in the sand!) if you choose to! What beats that? In my opinion, nothing! I'm pretty sure you agree too unless you like the freezing cold weather, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Growing up, having a birthday in the summer really didn't mean much to me, but now as an adult, I'm realizing that I was a lucky duck because I could relax and sleep in on my birthday, whereas other kids that have birthdays that don't fall in the summer, had to go to school on their birthday—that stinks! I started realizing how lucky I was to have a summer birthday when I was 15; I was at that age where my parents didn't have to be with me when I went out but they wanted to know what I was doing every moment of every day, but since my birthday was in the summer it was my day—my parents questioned very little in the summer because I worked 180 days give or take a few during the school year, so I earned that freedom!

Earning freedom is pretty awesome throughout the year, but freedom in the summer is ranked first because, hey, do whatever you want (as long as it's legal, of course!). Be sure to make summer 2016 the most remarkable, enjoyable and memorable summer yet! As always, be safe and make "smart" decisions—or make the decisions that seem most fun!

Here's to more birthdays in the summer! Get tan, have fun and remember to be thankful that your birthday is in the summer! Hang-ten, everyone!

Sincerely,

Your July 7th Friend