It has been one full week of summer and I have done absolutely nothing. This may be due to the fact that none of my friends are home or that it has been raining nonstop for days on end, but I really think it has to do with the exhaustion of finals. We work so hard studying that we lose sleep, our well being, and most of our sanity. Now that I have caught up on rest, there are a few aspects of summer that I am so excited to enjoy.

1. The sunshine

Whether this be by hiking, laying by the pool, going to the beach, or having a picnic, there is nothing like soaking up some Vitamin D.

2. The traveling

Each summer my high school friends and I like to travel to a new place in order to explore a different part of California's beauty. In the past we have gone to Newport Beach, San Luis Obispo, and Yosemite, and I can't wait to see what this summer holds!

3. The food

All of my favorite restaurants that I am not able to get at school are available for the entire summer. My friends and I have our favorite Italian restaurant, bagel place, sandwich shop, and ice cream place so I can't wait to indulge!

4. The freedom

In the summer, besides my part-time internship, I have the freedom to hop in my car and do whatever I want. I am not taking classes, so I have so much more time to explore and hang out with the people I love.

5. The friends and family

I think the best part of all of these things are that I get to spend so much time with the people I love and don't get to see the majority of the year!