The Most Highly Anticipated Summer 2019 Movies

Pretty much everyone likes movies, and for many, summer is the time of year where most of the movies that they want to see are released. With the release of "Avengers: Endgame" last month, the summer movie season is in full swing, for better and for worse. Now, most summer movie lists found online simply outline the most highly anticipated movies of the summer, and are probably influenced by which movies the article's author most wants to see. This is not that list. The only movie that I am honestly, legitimately excited for this summer is Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," and I guess, to a much lesser extent, "Spider-Man: Far From Home." Yep, that's about it. Now that I have covered the movies I am excited for, here is a list of movies coming out this summer that I am not excited for at all whatsoever.

1. "Aladdin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8kHbuNcCM

Director Guy Ritchie's take on the classic Disney tale will add one more entry to Disney's list of unnecessary live-action remakes. My prediction: it won't be bad, but it probably won't be that good, and thus, will be largely unnecessary.

2. "Godzilla: King of the Monsters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO6Nkuqwukg

Even though the 2014 Godzilla movie that preceded this one was pretty decent, my hopes for this new movie are pretty low. It appears to have an almost entirely new cast, which generally never goes well. There will be monsters, there will be fighting, and... yeah, that's probably about it.

3. "Dark Phoenix"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPqdconwO8

We'll see about this one. Even though many films in the X-Men series are fantastic, 2016's "X-Men: Apocalypse" was simply awful. So, this new one has some making up to do. Will it return to the elements that made the earlier films so good, or will it succumb to Apocalypse's terrible qualities? I suppose we shall find out soon.

4. "The Secret Life of Pets 2"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gBOPpyaCrY

I never had any interest in seeing the first "Secret Life of Pets" and now that the second one is coming out, I have decided that I do not want to see that one either.

5. "Men in Black: International"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXP0rUi9U7U

Some franchises just need to stop. "Men in Black" is one of them. This fourth film in the series has a new cast including Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson, and by the looks of the trailer, will make a convincing argument for why "Men in Black 3" should have been the last film in the franchise.

6. "Child's Play"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6tdZook9A

The classic horror series will return for another remake that will probably prove unnecessary. Hopefully Chucky the Doll's last murder victim will be the "Child's Play" franchise, making this the last movie in it.

7. "Toy Story 4"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDIUNqfshjk

When it comes to franchises that need to end, here is another great example. I don't know what on earth is going on in the trailer for "Toy Story 4" or who the hell "Forky" is, but I do know that these movies need to stop.

8. "Annabelle Comes Home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JJgH1lZyE&app=desktop

If "Child's Play" still does not satisfy your thirst for movies about murderous dolls, then hopefully this new Annabelle movie will suffice. I wonder how long it will take for a Chucky/Annabelle crossover movie. I'm sure they would make quite the duo.

9. "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cl9_jPxIk

The trailer for this Fast & Furious spin-off literally makes me want to cringe. But, at least it's not trying to be something that it's not. It is a loud, obnoxious movie about Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham smashing things. It does not appeal to me, but it might be enough for some fans.

Not that you should really care that much about what movies I do or do not want to see, but there you have it. There is the list unless I was lying and I actually do want to see most of these, in which case you definitely just wasted all of your time reading this article. But, I won't tell you whether or not this is the case. So, I guess you will never know whether or not this was a huge waste of time.

From Your Site Articles