A Review Of "Suicide Squad" -- A Bad Rendition Of The Comics

There were some good things, but very few.

8
Google

This past year, Warner Brothers released two movies: "Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice" and "Suicide Squad." Critics trashed both movies, but with "Suicide Squad," they were a little more harsh. A lot people online gave mixed reviews. Well, I can say this: I liked it better than "Batman V. Superman," but out of all the movies I say this summer, it was toward the bottom of the list. Don't get me wrong wasn't the movie I ever seen but...the trailers showed the best parts of the movie.

It seemed that the movie was two separate movies together as one. There were some lighthearted moments but, then would quickly change over to something darker. The editing was all over the place -- this made the movie seem disorganized, and pretty clear which parts of scenes were the reshot parts of a scene. Some of the characters were more interesting than others, with character showing up for what seemed like five minutes before being killed off. However, the major flaw came down to one thing: it forgot that most of the characters were bad guys. It tried to make us feel sorry to one character, even though this character killed his family members including innocent kids. These characters maybe saving the world but, some don't deserve redemption.

Probably one of the best parts of the movie was the soundtrack.They used a lot of music, at times where they really didn't need to use music. Even though both songs will probably be overplayed very soon, "Heathens" by Twenty One Pilots and "Sucker for Pain" by Lil Wayne; Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons, Logic, Ty Dolla $ign and X Ambaddadors fit the tone of the movie the most out of all the songs of the album. Though, I was ticked they cut off "Bohemian Rhapsody" right before the most memorable part of the song.

It was easy to tell that the cast was having fun, and were dedicated to their parts. Best parts of the movie were the parts were the villains were well villains. The romantic sub plots (Though I don't approve of the Harley Quinn/Joker relationship, it is a relationship built with abuse both mental and physical), are have some actual basis unlike some movies (cough, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" cough), including the slowly growing one between Deadshot and Harley Quinn who have a short relationship in the comics. The final part that I liked was taking of certain plot details from comic books. With a certain two characters, the scene was near incidental to the comic book except with different results.

All in all in could've been worse, but it could've be a lot better -- 4.5 skulls out of 10.