Why Everyone Should Be Paying Attention To Sudan

People will donate billions to an old church, but zero to living breathing humans.

50
https://www.stockvault.net/free-photos/protests/

Sudan is a country in Northeast Africa and was under the rule of President Omar al-Bashir. Rallies and peaceful protests started in response to rising food and fuel costs, which resulted in the government and police forces torturing, raping, and murdering thousands of protesters. Finally in April 2019, Bashir was taken from power, and the military forces came into power. People were so joyful, even dancing in the streets. They thought this was the beginning of democracy.

They were wrong. The military instead was in the process of handing power over to other high ranking authorities, something citizens knew would not end well. So rallies and demonstrations started up again, but this time the government reacted with more force and hate than ever before. From burning tents of sleeping protesters to brutally raping women and hanging their underwear as trophies; the Sudanese government is creating an unlivable hell for its citizens.

Now, as Americans and citizens of any other country, we must stand with Sudanese citizens and fight for their freedom and safety. Give as much attention as you did to the James Charles scandal or Notre Dame burning. These people are suffering and need help, support, and sanctuary. Read the articles and look at the pictures. It may be hard to see/read but it is the only way to stay informed and invoke change.