How Awful Professors Drive You To Succeed

Most professors want you to succeed, but some really drive you.

255
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Getting a degree wasn't really something I thought about a lot in high school. While many of my teachers were kind and encouraged me to do well, I didn't have the drive most of my peers had. When I got to college I saw much of the same, where professors are willing to help you learn the material and do well in their classes, as long as you put in the effort required to do so.

A few of my other professors were not on the same wavelength.

Professors truly want us to succeed 9 times out of 10, but when you run into the 1 in 10 who couldn't care less about you. The one who treats you like the number you are on your ID. This kind of attitude truly lights a fire in my heart. My fellow students and I referred to this class as the 'class-from-Hell,' where the professor was condescending, and belittled us constantly.

We were all so put-off by this professor. We all just got to the point where we wanted to pass the class, and get the credit, just so we can all move on. He unlike many of my other professors bragged about his education, and claimed our intended degrees were "pointless," as they were not physical science degrees.

This really drove me to succeed in not only his class, but the rest of my undergrad. As someone studying in the social sciences, hearing that because my studies cannot be physically proven (which is actually not true), makes my degree less valuable than his Biology degree is angering.

So, this is how awful professors make you want to succeed more. It is not because they're driving you and encouraging you to succeed. But it is all about proving them wrong. Proving that your degree matters to you, and how you can change the world no matter what you study, or if decided not to go to school. You can be successful.