10 Ways To Succeed This School Year

10 Ways To Succeed This School Year

How to have a productive yet fun school year.

15
10 Ways To Succeed This School Year

.

Learn time management.

This is so important in every student's college life. Work, school, and personal life can start to pile o top of each other if time is not managed right. Know when to give yourself extra time on an assignment or when to say no to extra hours at work or hanging out with friends.

Have a neat and organized study space.

It always makes me more focused and have a better time studying in general when my work-space is cute, cozy and organized. Desk shelves, pen holders, and folders to keep work in can accomplish organization. Having a pleasant smelling candle burning or wall décor like a white-board, peg-board, picture frames, etc. can also make it more personal.

Give yourself extra time to get to class.

We all know by now how hectic the school parking can be. Many of us have to park a fairly good walking distance from our classes. Getting there 15 to 30 minutes earlier than usual will ensure that you will not be late to class.

Budget.

Not many college kids are just rolling around in dough so budgeting money is highly necessary. It is kay t buy yourself something nice every once and a while on bad days but just be mindful of how much you spend.

Get a planner.

Planning out your day can help stay on top of class assignments. Most of the time if I do not plan out my work assignments I will forget to do them.

Take many notes in class.

You might think, like I did, just listening and going over the online power points will suffice and there is no need to write it all down if you can just get online. Let's face it none of us are probably going to look at the power points until days before an exam, Writing down what you here in class helps you remember it more, gives you two resources to look back on, and is easier to look back on.

Decorate your dorm room.

Decorating your dorm or apartment room can make your space more homey and personal. Put pictures up to remind you of family and cover your room with things tells the world what you love most.

Do not overload yourself.

It is extremely easy to take too much on. Do not be afraid to do things in order to stay successful in your school semesters. For many working too much and falling behind in school work can be a big factor in overloading yourself. Saving up money is important but your education is more important do not forget that.

Use school resources.

Make sure to use the resources on campus. Go to your adviser, study at the library, hang out in the student union. Make sure to get the most out of your campus. They also provide things like tutoring and writing centers to help with tricky assignments.

Have fun!

Only focusing on school-related things start to become stressful and sometimes unbearable. Do not forget to have fun, make new friends, and go on one in a lifetime adventures.