$1 Sub Saves Lives

$1 Sub Saves Lives

Just ask this guy.

3
$1 Sub Saves Lives
standard.net

My day begins in turmoil. I am not talking about waking up late for class, or forgetting to brush my teeth, not turmoil like the beginning of "Star Wars: Episode III," and Obi-Wan and Anakin and myself are rushing General Grevious's cruiser. Explosions everywhere, I am on the verge of being blasted to pieces high above the atmosphere of the planet below.

In this early morning, it is the tipping of midnight, I am still awake working tirelessly on an assignment that is essentially late. There is no silver lining, nothing good to come from this. All that there is is the need to finish it and be done, no matter the outcome. It rolls around to four in the morning, I am still working on it. In the time elapsed, I have broken down to theorizing my future career to be something other than my major about four times. Every time I quickly correct the thought, because it is not that I am unhappy with my major, just that this class is making it so awful I question quitting.

As the half-hour mark in the fourth hour in the morning approaches, I submit the awful assignment, hopeful I make some sort of good work, but I know the professor is going to fail me for it. Now that this terror is over, another assignment creeps out of the shadows of my backpack and I quickly begin work on it. However, being so depleted by being up so late, I am unable to stay awake or focused to even write, so at six in the morning I call the executive and go to bed. I sleep through my first class only to wake with a half hour until my next and I have to finish the assignment I started earlier this morning before it. That's not going to happen. Instead, I spend the entirety of the class completing the assignment and only show up as the class is getting out to turn it in.

From these two things in my day, I had reached a new low. I was defeated, dead, and wanting to crawl into a hole to which I'd never return. Then suddenly a beacon of hope, a light from the brighter side, something good in this world presented itself to me: leaving lunch from the cafeteria, an offer from one of my good friends, to go to Jimmy John's. Now this invitation was no ordinary invitation to Jimmy John's, because it was today. The date made all the difference. You've heard of Nation Free Balloon day? Well today was Jimmy John's National Customer Appreciation Day. Now this incredible holiday meant only one thing, $1 subs from Jimmy John's. After hearing about this the day before on Twitter, I knew this was a sign that the tide was turning. So I went to Jimmy John's and got a $1 sub.

I kept it in my fridge for later, took a nap, and awoke to grab the bargain sandwich and consumed it like a fine swine, like a feast fit for the Anglo misinterpretation of a clan of vikings. I made sure to stay hydrated throughout the ordeal with a cold Coke Zero, and after finishing the satisfying sandwich I promptly got up from the chair I was sitting in, looked into the mirror and asked myself, "Is today the day you quit or are you gonna stand up, be you, and win the day back?" I saw the desire, the passion, the purity in the raw willpower exuding from my inner monologue and said "yes." Now it's time to get back to work, and take responsibility for my actions and do what is needed of me, because today will be a good day.