10 Artists To Add To Your Studying Playlist

Studying for finals requires a great playlist.

154

It can be hard to strike a balance between a playlist full of great songs and a playlist that you can't help but get up and dance to. When you have three exams to study for, a huge group presentation, and two 10-page papers to write, it's important to listen to music that is going to serve as lovely background noise while not boring you to the point that you give into that strong desire to nap.

Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves' Grammy award-winning album "Golden Hour" is full of songs that serve as perfect studying music. Musgraves has perfected the country-pop hybrid, producing an album that is somehow both catchy and timeless. It straddles that line between soothing and inspiring, providing you with the energy that will get you to sit down and finish that boring essay for your required history course.

Maggie Rogers

Maggie Rogers is an up-and-coming singer-songwriter whose critically acclaimed album "Heard It In A Past Life" is bringing her much-deserved attention. Her voice is one of a kind and so are her songs, setting her unique vocals against infectious beats that will make you tap your feet a little as you pour over your notes or make your fingers dance across your keyboard.

LANY

LANY, an indie-pop band fronted by lead singer Paul Jason Klein, creates dreamy tunes which range from melancholy breakup ballads to synthesizer-infused songs that you can't help but bob your head to. Their sophomore effort, Malibu Nights, proves to be another triumph for the band and it has managed to become a staple in my own study playlists.

Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes' soft, sweet voice is always accompanied by a delicate production, making even his most upbeat songs fall easily on the ears. His vocals have a comforting effect, allowing you to easily concentrate on the task in front of you while still enjoying the hits which have taken over pop radio since his debut album, "Handwritten", was released in 2015.

Maren Morris

Maren Morris is part of the female country takeover. Her second album, "GIRL", is as melodic as it is empowering. Venturing farther into the pop category, Morris' vocals still harken back to her country roots as she proves her depth as an artist. "GIRL" features everything from more traditional crooning to trap-inspired beats. There is something for everyone to enjoy in Morris' diverse discography.

Khalid

Khalid remains a favorite artist for teens with his carefree vibe and smooth vocals. His new album, Free Spirit, is not a far departure from his instantly recognizable sound. His music radiates chill vibes, proving to be the perfect addition to any study playlist.

John Mayer

John Mayer has made a name for himself with music that makes you want to sway. His music is guitar-heavy and relies firmly on strong instrumentals to remain true to his individual brand. Mayer has been making music for over two decades now, and his entire collection remains as great study tunes.

Harry Styles

Harry Styles' self-titled debut album brings music with a classic rock flair into the contemporary world. Styles showcases his dynamic range, from through-and-through rock and roll to somber, slow songs. Most of the songs remain in that category that classifies them as good study music, instrument-heavy topped by silky vocals.

Niall Horan

Departing from his teen pop roots, Horan's debut album, Flicker, is a country-influenced, soft-pop record that showcases the strength of his musical talent. Horan's voice is sweet and calming, and his music is heavily influenced by his own talent as a guitar player. His music drops easily into the background of a study session.

Jess Glynne

Jess Glynne is perhaps best known for her contribution as the lead vocalist on the 2014 hit "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. She has music of her own, including her two albums that are filled with perfectly crafted pop songs. These are more upbeat songs for when you really need to light the fire inside you to get you to sit down and study.