10 Study Tips To Ace Spring Semester

10 Study Tips To Ace Spring Semester

Set goals, make to-do lists, whatever it takes!

651
10 Study Tips To Ace Spring Semester
Grace Jicha Photography

1. Buy a student planner and put it to use.

During syllabus week, I make it a point to write down every exam and quiz date for each of my classes in my planner. I then plan which days I will study for each test and quiz or work on big projects. Time management is so key in being a successful student academically, and having a student planner lays all of your responsibilities out in one place.

2. Write it out.

It is said that writing something out is equivalent to reading it seven times, so writing out your own study guides and/or notecards is super helpful when it comes to memorization.

3. Take breaks.

Breaks are important for absorbing information. Instead of cramming tons of information within an hour, carve out a few hours to study allowing yourself to take breaks every half hour or so.

4. Establish a study routine.

Figure out what times of the day you work best and during those periods of time schedule studying and doing homework. By getting into a routine it’s less likely you’ll procrastinate and more likely you’ll stay on top of your classes.

5. Learn yourself.

Discover your learning style and study according to it. Are you a visual learner? If so, try making note cards and study guides. If you’re an auditory learner try crash course youtube videos.

6. Set goals.

By setting goals you have something to work towards and it can motivate you to use your study time more efficiently. Make to do lists, set alarms, whatever it takes! I like to set a goal and after I’ve achieved it, I take a break to check my phone and grab something to eat.

7. Stay motivated,

Working with others always helps me stay pretty motivated, so does good instrumental music and lots of snacks.

8. Think critically.

Learning is not just cramming information into your brain and spitting it back out. Think about the lesson as a whole and how it applies to things you’ve learned in previous sections or other subjects. Making those connections is crucial.

9. Stay organized.

I like to use an expanding file folder for all my syllabuses and physical notes/ study guides so everything is in one place but organized by dividers. I usually take notes during lectures on my computer and I like to store them in Google Drive. Each class has a folder for notes and a subfolder for projects.

10. Practice, practice, practice!

Put all that studying to the test and practice before your exams! Quizlet is a great tool or having a friend quiz you works equally as well.

I hope these study tips help you ace your spring semester. You've got this!