Here Are 10 Ways To Help You Succeed In Your Online Classes

It's about that time to start thinking of school again.

10

With the pandemic happening, it's no surprise that more schools are adapting to online schooling. If you're like me, I find it more difficult to study at home rather than at school. However, there are many ways to ensure that you stay focused on your classes. Here are some tips to help you succeed in the upcoming school year.

1. Add app limits.

If you find yourself using Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and other addicting apps for a long period, it's best to set an app limit so that you can avoid procrastinating your studies.

2. Silence your phone.

Silencing your phone will prevent you from checking your phone every time a notification pops up. What's even better is by placing your phone face down or hiding it somewhere away from you.

3. Make a to-do list.

If you have a hard time keeping track of all the assignments you have to do within the week, making a to-do list might be the answer. Writing your tasks on a list, then placing it where it's visible can help keep everything organized. Plus, you can have the satisfaction of crossing an assignment off once you're finished with it.

4. Write down your schedule.

When you're home, it's easier to forget important dates as you're not being reminded of it as frequently as before. To prevent this, write down your schedule to ensure that you don't miss any important dates. I'm sure that you don't want to forget an important exam or meeting.

5. Watch videos that relate to what you’re studying.

If reading your textbook is not enough to understand the topic you're learning, don't be afraid to scout for videos to help you understand better.

6. Take study breaks.

There's nothing wrong with taking a 5-minute break occasionally. Taking breaks is great since it will help you recharge and study even better.

7. Use video chatting apps for study groups.

Study groups don't have to stop just because you're online. Find a group of people who you know you can study well with and make a schedule for your next study group session.

8. Utilize your professor’s online office hours.

It may be weird to have a one-on-one meeting with your professor but take advantage of their online office hours whenever it is available. It's better to have that one awkward meeting with them rather than continue being stumped on a certain topic.

9. Stay active. 

Having classes online most likely makes a person inactive. Since you are no longer walking from class-to-class or needing to walk around campus for food or meetings, finding ways to stay active is pivotal. So, don't forget to stand up and exercise because exercising helps you perform better at school.

10. Have a consistent sleeping schedule. 

Whether you're taking your classes on campus or online, a consistent sleeping schedule is crucial. We all know how a good sleep gives you a better endurance for learning and studying.

Although online classes might be challenging to some, it's not impossible to do well in it. By adjusting your study habits and using resources beneficial to online schooling, you have a greater chance of succeeding. With that, I hope that these study tips can help you thrive in your online classes and happy learning!