The Best Places To Study At Rowan University

8 Great Places To Study At Rowan University

Studying is a key to your academic success, but where are the best spots to study?

384
https://unsplash.com/photos/7Hu4iWksw2k
Unsplash

In only a matter of days, classes will be starting up again at Rowan University, and it won't be long until you need to find the perfect studying spot.

Whether you are an incoming freshman or you've been at Rowan for some time now, knowing the best places to study around campus is essential to your academic career.

Rowan has many great areas to study, from their study rooms in the library to inside of the Market Place. But if you're like me and like to change your studying spot once in a while, then here are 10 study spots you might want to give a try.

If you are new to Rowan, click here to get to the map of Rowan University to know where the buildings are!

1. Barnes and Noble Cafe

Right on Rowan Boulevard, you'll find Barnes and Noble. It's a great spot to study because most of the people sitting in the cafe area are there to study or to have small group discussions. So, you most likely won't be disrupted by others.

It's also good because if you're the type of person who does not like complete silence when studying, this spot offers that. Because it is a bookstore and a coffee shop, there will be people coming in and out all day.

2. Second Floor of James Hall

This spot was mentioned by a friend. I asked her where she likes to study and this was her number one answer. I have to agree with her that this is a really good spot to study on campus. There are tables up there for your larger studying sessions of note-taking or highlighting, and there are very comfy chairs for those study sessions where you have to just read or use your laptop. For the most part, it is a pretty quiet area, with the exception of when classes get out.

I also highly recommend this location because of the dining kiosk downstairs. You can easily grab a sandwich and a coffee and head upstairs to get your study on.

3. Third Floor of the Campbell Library

This spot was my friend's second option when she needs to study. It's a good spot because it is the quietest location of everything on this list. There are tables for all your needs. Center tables right when you walk in, side tables behind the bookshelves with great views of campus, or corner tables for maximum privacy. Whatever your needs are, the library is a great place to study.

If you search around the library, you'll see signs the color of street lights signaling the volume of each area. Like yellow for soft talking or red for minimal to no talking. They also have private study rooms you can sign up for, so you and your group can work on a project.

4. Chamberlain Student Center Pit 

The loudest spot of the list, but honestly one of my favorite spots. Don't guarantee a good study session (unless you have amazing focus) when you are sitting here. There is a lot of foot traffic that occurs in and around this area causing crowds and loud conversations between friends.

But nonetheless, I always find myself going back to this area to study. I love this spot because when I need a break from studying, I end up people-watching or finding one of my friends to talk to.

Bonus! It is the same area where Peete's Coffee is, and it is only steps away from the Market Place. So, if you're in need of some food while studying, then you have plenty of options.

5. University Green

Right outside of Bunce Hall is the University Green. With the beauty of Bunce Hall and the picture-perfect scenery, it's like you're in a scene from an early 2000s college movie. I have only studied here twice, but both times, it was great.

My friends and I laid down a blanket, shared a few laughs, and got our work done. But what made it even more fun was the baseball game that was happening while we were outside. So, if you're the type of person who likes to study outside, this is the place for you.

6. Robinson Green

Yet another outdoors location, but this time, it is on the other side of campus. In between Robinson Hall and James Hall, there is a great little area to study. When I first started at Rowan, this area was just a walkway with some grass around it, but recently, there has been nice, colorful chairs placed around the green. I studied here a lot last semester; it was where I would do a lot of my reading for my English Seminar.

The best part is that this area gets a lot of sunshine, so after hours of sitting in a classroom, sitting in the sun is a great break from those fluorescent lights you've been sitting under.

7. The Wall Seat of James Hall

I am not sure of the proper name of this location, but on the outside of James Hall next to the art piece of Einstein walking out of a book, there is a concrete wall that also doubles as seating. This is a cute little spot because every time I sit, there is hardly anyone there; usually, it's only me there.

Although this is not the comfiest place to sit when classes are happening, this place is quiet and peaceful.

8. The Lobby of Business Hall

Another friend of mine gave me this suggestion. Now, I do not spend a lot of my time here, but my friend likes to study there because it is a nice, quiet place to do some work. That's great if a lot of your classes are near this area and you don't want to walk to the Library or sit outside.

Have a nice area like Business Hall that can make you more motivated to study.