How To Study For Midterms

How To Study For Midterms

The intimidation in only in your head.

24
How To Study For Midterms

There might be one thing we can all agree on: exams are tough and scary. This week, I have them everyday. The only upside to these exams is that I get to leave school at 10:30 when then exam ends. I have take two our of four total midterms so far, and I have been confident on them both. Since I thought I did well on my exams, I thought I'd give some tips.

1. Your study guide/review if your LIFE

The only way I think I did well on my history exam is because a friend of mine shared with me her completed study guide. Our teacher gave us 70 terms to remember, and we had to know all of them either in multiple choice format or writing the description of the term. He only told us 4 of the terms that we needed to write out; we only had to choose 5 out of 13 so we were set on that. I used my friends completed study guide like a Bible. I remembered most of the terms from the beginning of the year, but I definitely needed to brush up on my memory to be able to pass a test.

2. Outline your essay if given the prompt

For history and English I had to write two essays. I was given on prompt for history and nothing else. Studying the essay prompt and creating an outline in my head helped me finish the essay quicker and more efficiently.

3. Review your old tests

For history and English I did not review my old tests because I had a complete study guide; however, my chemistry exam is different and more challenging. We got tested on all the material that is going to be on there and out study guide, for me, was not helpful at all. I have reviewed that and I also learn what I did not understand before I took the test because of her corrections. Looking at what I did wrong and knowing what I need to focus on is definitely going to help me study for my chemistry exam.

4. Listen in class from day one!

I am not a history person. I hate the subject with a burning passion, but I pay attention in class. This has helped me remember examples of terms I needed to remember for the midterm, which shortened my study time. If you have an idea of what you need to remember, you can study less because all of the information is already in your head!

5. Be confident

For all of my pervious tests and quizzes, my friends and I complain about how we are going to fail and so on. I'v realized that only makes me more nervous and prone to making stupid mistakes. Every morning so far I have walked into school with a positive attitude towards my exam. I know I studied to the capacity I need to do well and I can only do so much. I know I did my best and I will be fine because I prepared myself.

My friends and teachers have made these exams to be such a big deal. We had to turn in our cell phones once we entered the room and drop all of our belongings in a corner. The trick is to not be intimidated. If you do so, you are only making yourself more nervous and prone to mistakes. Be chill and take you time to remember what you've studied.