10 Study Habits You Need To Develop

10 Study Habits You Need To Develop

How to get the most out of your classes.

22
10 Study Habits You Need To Develop
pixabay

1. Go to Class Everyday

This is a no-brainer and can be found on any list on how to succeed in college. Plus, you never know when your professor will feel generous and give out extra bonus points just for attending.

2. Schedule Your Week to Your Assignments

I look at my syllabi and see what my week-to-week work load is going to be. In most of my classes, I have weekly assignments or assignments twice a week. When I figure out when they are due every week, and at what times, I plan out when I will do them. Once I plan these out I stick to them and do specific assignments on a certain day and time. I can expect to designate a certain number of hours to each class. I schedule this time into my days so that I never have to stay up to an ungodly hour because I poorly planned my day.

3. Prepare For a Test Two Weeks in Advance

I know this is a bit much, but you will be so pleased when you get your test scores back. Start with the oldest stuff that will be on the test and work towards the newer stuff. Since you are starting two weeks out, odds are you have not completely covered everything on the test, so I leave that material for less than a week out.

4. Take Quality Notes

Put everything in your own words. Take the next step and even print out the PowerPoint slides before class. It is also helpful to read the chapters prior to class, so the information is fresh on your mind. After class, set some time aside to rewrite your notes.

5. Ask Questions

Have questions? Ask them! You get out what you put in and you will continue to be confused about a concept until you ask your professor for help.

6. Participate in Class

You remember things better when you say them out loud. Stay engaged during class. For some reason, when you actually answer questions in class, the time seems to just fly by.

7. Prioritize Your Tasks

Complete all your major and most important tasks first. Break large tasks into smaller parts. You should be setting specific and realistic goals.

8. Take an Active Approach to Learning

When reading, look over the chapter outline first. Make sure you are connecting new information to past knowledge.

9. Procrastinate, the Right Way

Instead of binge watching episodes on Netflix, YouTube some videos on the subject you are studying. Take some time to organize your notes for the paper you have due in a few days.

10. Do Everything to Your Best Quality

This is a super easy way to improve your grades, and takes just a little extra effort. If you aspire to have a 4.0 you need put your all into everything that you submit for a grade. Be proud of everything that you turn in and know that you have tried your absolute best on it and good results will happen!