Eliminating this one thing helped me.

Eliminating This One Thing Really Helped Me In School

I get distracted easily...

88
netflix

We all have different ways to cope with the part of our lives where it's sort of a "make it or break it" mindset. Some people have different routines in order to instill stability, and others just like to go with the flow and to have fun. But I've come to the realization that out my the laziness and desire to possess things, I eliminated this one thing from my routine and the benefits are already in effect.

I'm starting my sophomore year of college, and that could bring in a lot of stress. But most of the stress is just caused by my lack of focus and inability to take most things to heart. It turns out that a huge difference between high school and college is the amount of free time I have, and the chances for me to do whatever I want. Honestly, the only I like to do is watch documentaries and Netflix comedy specials!

So as you might've already guessed, I eliminated television from my routine.

You can say that I'm a homebody in the sense that I usually don't go out unless I have to or if I need the presence of the people I love. So it became obvious to me that TV was the pure fuel that ignited the act of procrastination and boredom in my life. And with that being said; school work wasn't much of a priority.

Freshman year I didn't have a television in my dorm, so found myself spending countless nights in the library writing essays and Odyssey articles. I started to prioritize and rationalize the things that were essential to my dreams academically and socially. I started hanging out with people and joined organizations. In my mind, I was checking off a 5-month long to-do list and I will mark off each test, assignments, and articles off my list.

The only thing that I think is kind of counterproductive is that my major is actually Broadcast Journalism, so my whole future is banking off of what I don't have. It feels like I'm taking a class with nothing to write with...But that's not what's important. What's important is this simple epiphany I've had in the results of this mistake.

This casually brings to question of what else I could eliminate that could open things up in my life? Clarity is one of the few things I need to navigate through life. Maybe a new routine or diet can help bring those desires to reality! So please share things that might've made you a better student or person and spread the word. Maybe someone you know needs to let go of one thing to grasp another. Or you might find yourself doing something daily that could be hindering your workflow. Just take in account your goals and take out what's holding you back.