Young People Need To Find New Paths To Having Their Voice Heard, But That's Not Stopping Them

Young people are making new ways to have their voices heard, and nothing will stop them.

175

All around us, we hear adults yelling at each other and the younger generations voices getting lost in the mix. But that is slowly changing around us. We see more students out at marches like March For Our Lives or The Women's March. We are seeing students making their voices heard and changing the way of this world.

"The youth stood up and helped to break the pattern that their parents had got accustomed to living. The next generation has to take that stand for whatever it is, socially, that they are involved in." Those were the words of Octavia Spencer, an award winning actress, author and producer.

We, as a generation, are breaking the patterns and making our voices heard, as Octavia said. Young people all over the United States have stood up to make a difference everywhere from Concord to Washington D.C.

Many students such as David Hogg have started to make a difference after a tragedy struck their community. Hogg and many other students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas started the 'Never Again' movement. A movement to have better gun control laws and stricter background checks for people buying guns.

With this movement, the students want America to know that this shooting wasn't an accident, it was a choice. It's not only students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas standing up for what they believe in, it's also young people in Concord.

Many young people in Concord came out to the Women's March in January of 2019, people of all ages sporting signs and using their voices to be heard. Grace Murray, 13, was one of the many people to be at the Concord Women's March. Grace hopes that more people her age will take a stand and start conversations about the various things affecting our country now.

Grace wants young people to know that their voice can be heard.

Leea Sarvela, a recent graduate was also at the march. Leea has started to let her voice be heard, being a part of an organization at her high school that teaches about sexual assault, consent, domestic violence and how to know if relationships are healthy.

These girls are making a difference in their communities, speaking up for what they believe in, changing the status quo.

All of these young people have started to forge ahead in new ways and let their voices be heard. The next generation is making their voices heard, and they won't stop until they see the change that this country needs.