10 Struggles Only Women Who Wear Makeup Understand

Because makeup is a form of art and relaxation

93
Kiva Salon and Spa

Wearing makeup is a form of expression, it is not a form of pleasing anyone but ourselves. Makeup allows you to express your self day to day. You’re feeling happy? Wear a brighter eye shadow or lip color. Your’e feeling little dull? Wear darker colors to show how you’re feeling. Many women prefer to stay away from makeup and thats perfectly fine, but for those of us who love makeup, here are a few struggles you will understand.

Makeup is amazing but it tends to get EVERYWHERE. If you’re not careful enough it’s going to end up on your collar, the hem of your shirt, the back of your shirt, and somehow even on your jeans.

Your makeup collection is HUGE. And yet you can never get away from using the same products. You may own a good 30 lipsticks but you only use 2 or 3 on a regular basis.

You HAVE to wakeup EARLY. Without a good 30 min to apply your makeup you are DOOMED. Plus you need wiggle room for any mistakes because looking FLAWLESS is important.

Yet there are always days when you oversleep and are forced to go natural. Going natural means you feel totally naked.

The day you go with out makeup, everyone tells you “you look tired.” Um, Did I ask you?

Walking into a makeup store means you just blew your entire pay check.

Swatches on your arms or hands are totally normal to you and you see them as a type of art form.

Lighting is your worst ENEMY. If you do your makeup in the wrong lighting, you will end up looking HORRENDOUS.

Your soul dies a little every time one of your powder products falls or breaks apart into little pieces.

When your online attempting to be productive and end up on youtube watching makeup tutorials you may never be able to replicate.

But regardless of all the struggles, makeup is a great part of our lives and we wouldn't change our makeup addiction for anything.