24 Struggles Of Being A Thick Girl

24 Struggles Of Being A Thick Girl

So much chaffing...

9486
24 Struggles Of Being A Thick Girl
Author's photo

All my life, I always carried extra weight. Growing up, I didn’t necessarily appreciate what I had because I wasn’t like everyone else. But then when I got to high school and then college, I started to appreciate my curves and extra weight. It also made me feel better knowing that there are women exactly like me. But being thick does have its pros and cons. Well, sometimes, a little more cons. Here are 24 struggles us “thick” women have to deal with:

1. Chaffing…

I don’t even want to talk about this. Just typing this make my thighs hurt.

2. Winter is your favorite season because shorts aren’t your friend.

When I tell you leggings and hoodie season should be year-round, I mean it. Jean shorts aren’t even on my mind. Yes, society is making an effort to encourage women to accentuate their figures but personally, I feel more comfortable in leggings and a hoodie. I don’t know but fall colors look really good on me.

3. Your outfit is too “sexual” for your body.

Just because I’m thick/curvy doesn’t mean I can’t wear certain things if they were designed for my shape. Girls who are “petite” and buy the same exact shirt as me don’t have that problem…okay.

4. Your “ripped” jeans turn into a giant hole in your pants.

6. Getting unwanted attention from creepy men.

“SWEEEEEETHEEEEEEAAAARRRRRTTTT BABY COME HERE!” *Picks up the pace* Let’s face it they don’t care how old you are…

7. Dropping your phone while on the toilet but it’s okay because your thighs saved you.

I guess I need to be grateful I don’t have to put my phone in rice?

8. Muffin tops…

And even if you buy a size up in whatever pants you wear, it looks oversized. The muffin top aka “love handles” aren’t going anywhere I guess.

9. Online shopping is a nightmare.

There’s a 67% chance I’m going to return it. This is why I have to drive all the way to the mall just to try them on so I can avoid 3-5 business days of disappointment.

10. Thigh high boots that don’t mesh well with your thighs

How can you call them thigh-high boots when they can’t even GET to your thighs?

11. You avoid button-up shirts

What’s the point of buttons if they’re going to explode anyway. I could eat absolutely NOTHING and STILL look like I just finished eating 5 plates of food. And going a size up makes it worse. You can’t win, so just stay away.

12. Hearing the 3 words: “Get on top”

*Hands partner a waiver in case they die* READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE SIGNING!

13. Running with two giant weights on your chest

Even walking hurts. Ever had to hold your chest in place when running for the bus? I have and it’s not fun.

14. Bathing suit shopping…

This is worse than underwear shopping with your dad. But shout out to all of the companies coming out with cute bathing suits for thick women!

15. Bikini tops saying, “one size fits all”

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? You can’t throw a bikini top on a rack and label it “one size fits all.” Whoever is on that marketing team should be fired…

16. Being able to stuff things in your bra.

When you’re that one friend who supplies the lip-gloss, change, and ID for a night out. If you sweat a lot, I wouldn’t do it.

17. Things don’t fit you properly in all the right places.

“Hi, I’d like to return this!”

18. Sweating…everywhere!

Man, this is pretty common in most thick girls and talking about it makes me sweat even more.

19. Constantly bumping into stuff when you’re trying to squeeze through chairs.

You ever tried to hold your stomach in and move as slow as possible and STILL hit something and then it draws attention? This is why I use the bathroom and get food BEFORE going to the movie theater.

20. People constantly telling you to “feel comfortable in your own skin”

Especially when it’s from people who are skinny as hell. Once again, shout out to all of the companies who are actually making an effort without shoving it down people’s throats. It’s called making girls comfortable in the RIGHT way!

21. Owning baby powder because of the C-word…chaffing.

Don’t overuse baby powder by the way. Too much is not good I heard. But the struggle is too real.

22. Sitting down and your hips and thighs look like the size of Texas.

This is coming from someone who doesn’t even have hips standing up.

23. You own about 67 pairs of leggings

I told you guys I wasn’t playing when it comes to fall/winter looks.

24. Knowing that being thick/curvy is a blessing or a curse, but you love it anyway!

Like #7, it feels pretty good knowing that you could have almost lost your phone but thanks to your thighs you saved a lot of money!