The Struggles Of Being Sick In College

The Struggles Of Being Sick In College

Being sick is even worse in college than it was in high school.

54
The Struggles Of Being Sick In College
university of smarts

There comes a time in everyone's college career where they become sick. Whether it's mono or a common cold, here are the struggles everyone has to deal with when getting sick at college.

1. You have limited absences, so you are forced to go to class while sick.

This is the worst. First, because you have to go to class when you should be at home resting up. Second, because while you are in class, everyone is giving you the death glare and questioning why you even showed up. It's not your fault you only have three absences.

2. You lose your social life for a bit.

Social activities are some of the best parts of college. When you're sick, you have to miss out on any fun events going on during this time, or face the consequence of making yourself even sicker. The struggle is real.

3. You don't have your parents to help you.

If you're like me, you relied on your parents in high school when you were sick. Now, you have to book your own doctor appointments, make your own soup, and take care of yourself. The fun of being sick is gone instantly.

4. You miss a ton of coursework.

In college, missing one class can mean falling behind in classes. It sucks, but it's the consequence of only having class a few times a week.

5. With roommates, being sick becomes more awkward.

You can't just be sick in privacy. With roommates, you have to awkwardly avoid being sick around them because you don't want to get them sick. With tight living quarters, this can be a challenge.

6. You just want to get better.

At the end of the day, you just want to get better so you can go back to being social and keeping up with your classes. After all, college is meant to be fun, and being sick ruins that.