The Struggles of Being A Weather Friend
Politics

The Struggles Of Being A Weather Friend...

We aren't superheroes, we are WAYYYYY cooler, AND yes that's me on the far left.

386

Last weekend was the biggest weekend outside of football games on Saturdays, at the University of Oklahoma. Living in the weather capital of the world is pretty cool. One of the things they don't tell you when studying meteorology is that it is WAYYYY TOO FREAKING HARD. They compare this degree to astrophysics. It does have some pretty cool advantages though.

LIKE DRESSING UP LIKE A SUPERHERO!

It's actually kind of like this, honestly. It isn't easy either putting up with little brats all day with grimy hands.

SOOOOOOO... you can see the problems here. One thing nearly five thousand people don't realize is, we are just as uncomfortable as you are, so don't make this any more awkward than it has to be.

Granted, I love talking to kids, just not the bratty ones that like to put Cheeto fingers all over me, or the ones that like to boss me around, like KID I'M OLDER THAN YOU!

There are so many struggles of being a "weather friend" that I have yet to mention.

This is where it gets really good!

Something I incur every time I put on my cape, it tries to kill me at least once, if not multiple times throughout the event. Could possibly be someone stepping on it, I get it caught in a door but hold a moment. This is the funniest one because you should see my face after this one... A KID PULLS ON IT. ACTUALLY YANKS ME BACKWARDS!

After enduring the amount of pain and suffering I do for the crazy weekends like these, you would think that the bad outweighs the good. In reality though, no matter how many yanks, how many Cheeto hands get put on my pants, it doesn't outweigh my love for weather and telling everyone about it.

Update: I got the stomach flu...