10 Times You Were In That Awkward Stage Because You Don't Have An iPhone

"Got a charger? ...Oh wait, never mind."

149

In a world dominated by iPhones, people with Android phones have it rough. From not being able to accept FaceTime calls to constantly being blamed for those green text bubbles, here are 10 struggles that only Android users will understand.

1. You're notorious among your friends for turning beautiful blue iMessage texts into dull green SMS ones. 

iPhone Texts

c2.staticflickr.com

They may be green for you, but if you gave up your iPhone for an LG V20 like mine, you could make the text bubbles any color you want! You could even send and receive texts and Facebook messages from the same app. I don't have anything to complain about.

2. It's almost impossible to find cute phone cases when you don't have an iPhone.

Phone Cases

upload.wikimedia.org

You'll find a few online if you're lucky, but that seems like nothing compared to the thousands of iPhone cases stocked everywhere from tech stores to clothing stores as well as all over the internet.

3. Even worse, chargers are hard to find too!

Chargers

upload.wikimedia.org

Although strangely enough, the new MacBook Pro uses the same charger as my LG phone! Maybe this will make USB Type C chargers a bit easier to come across.

4. If anything goes wrong in a group chat, you always get blamed. 

Angry Texter

c1.staticflickr.com

If any texts or pictures send late or even never send at all, everyone assumes it's because of your phone.

5. Sometimes your friends will be raving about an app and you'll go to download it only to discover that it's incompatible with your phone. 

Cute Baby with Phone

c1.staticflickr.com

There's no way you're going to buy an iPad just to play an Apple App Store only game.

6. Sending and receiving pictures can be disappointing. 

Selfie Couple

upload.wikimedia.org

Sometimes pictures refuse to send between an Android phone and an iPhone. Unfortunately, sometimes when they do, the pictures are too low quality to even enjoy.

7. It's an awkward moment when your friend says "Hey Siri" to your phone and you have to correct them by saying "Ok Google".

Siri

c1.staticflickr.com

Not everyone's virtual assistant is named Siri!

8. Nobody knows how to use your phone when your driving. 

Holding Phone While Driving

upload.wikimedia.org

You either have to walk them through every step by memory and pray that they don't screw up, or pull over and do it yourself. Pulling over and sending that text or turning on your GPS yourself usually ends up being three times faster than trying to give your confused friend a walkthrough.

9. Emojis can sometimes be mistranslated. 

Winky Tongue Emoji

s1.piq.land

A face that may look joyful on an Android phone could translate to a stressed out emoji when I send it to an Android phone.

10. But having an Android phone is part of your identity!

Girl Talking on Phone

upload.wikimedia.org

At the end of the day, you don't have to have the same type of phone as everyone else to fit in!

Even though chargers and phone cases are nearly impossible to find, everyone knows that the customizability of Android phones is something that Apple iPhones will never match. They may not be mainstream, but they're more of a representation of you than any iPhone could ever be. Embrace every unique choice you make, because these are the choices that make you you!