12 Struggles Of Being The Tallest Of Your Friends

It's not just short people that have it rough.

605

Not many people know how frustrating it is to be tall. Coming from a tall family (my brother just turned 18 and is 6'4), I have dealt with many of these issues in my lifetime. If you are also a tall person, you would agree that we have struggles just as tough as short people.

1. All our short friends always ask us to reach for something.

"Hey, can you get this from my shelf?" "Can you take this off the fridge?" "Can you clean the top of this?"

2. Everyone's head fits around our chest which makes for sometimes-awkward hugs.

Although I've been told that I do have a good height for hugs.

3. Fitting in the backseat of a small car? Impossible.

My date for my senior homecoming was well over 6'0 and his head stuck out of the roof of my Mini Cooper.

4. Sometimes you can't fit in showers.

This mainly happens to my brother when he is traveling.

5. Tall people are expected to play basketball/do another sport.

Just because you're tall does not mean you are athletic.

6. And tall people are also expected to be models.

I mean yes, we do have pretty great looking legs, but walking in heels down a catwalk is can be challenging.

7. Pants/jeans/everything not fitting correctly.

#Anklesfordays. And as cute as that look is, some of us might want entire leg coverage (especially during the winter).

8. Ducking under doorways.

My family took an R.V. trip back in 2013, and my brother hit his head on the top of the doorway so many times that we thought he had a concussion.

9. Wearing high heels.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But we either look like newborn calves trying out their legs for the first time, or we look great (but people wonder why we wear them because we're tall enough already).

10. Sleeping in any bed that isn't larger than a twin.

You either tuck your legs under the covers or brave cold feet.

11. When you take a picture with your squad, it looks like this:

"Can we take that again? My head was cropped out."

12. Finding guys that are either as tall or taller than you.

Of course, it's totally OK if you end up dating/marrying someone shorter than you. But we can all agree: it's a bit awkward bending down to hug your significant other.

In conclusion: Even though we have these struggles, you can still embrace your tallness. You will thank yourself later.