Replace The Stress In Your Life With Harmony

Stop being who others want you to be and start being you.

112
Unsplash

This generation of young adults is one of the most stressed in recent years. We have to deal with college tuition costing more and more every semester, jobs being harder to come by and the day to day plan of having to do a million different things and what's more, you have to do them all by yourself so you can avoid being labeled a typical lazy youth.

Raymond Tang brought to light the problem and a solution to the constant stress that many people feel in our ever-changing world.

Raymond Tang is working to bring ancient Chinese philosophy into the modern world. He founded the Cultural Leadership Toastmasters Club and believes in connecting deeper with oneself by means of technology and philosophy.

Now how do you typically handle a situation? You think of possible solutions, right? You probably think, what is a way I can successfully deal with this problem. Well, Raymond believes that our obsession with the need to succeed is the problem. What he suggests doing, instead, is focusing on harmony.

Raymond states, "I was forcing things to change because I was consumed by the need to succeed, or prove myself." What he asks everyone to do is instead of trying to be successful in your endeavors, try to achieve harmony. By doing this, you will automatically eliminate some of the stress out of your life.

What this means is that you shouldn't intentionally try to change things around you; sometimes it's better to just let things be.

Raymond also discusses how important it is to understand the difference between who you are and who other people expect you to be. It may seem so obvious that we all live the way we want and not the way we think we should, but it's not that simple.

Try to think about important decisions in your life like your college major, job, what you eat and even what you wear. All of these things are parts of our life we decide, but it isn't only our minds making these decisions. There are constant influences around us telling what choices to make. Sometimes, these influences can lead us to a potentially better path but oftentimes it will cause you to worry and creates more stress in your life.

In high school, they tell you what major you should pick based on a simple little online test. Maybe you met with your guidance counselor and they told you that the major you have been dreaming of doesn't pay enough money and that discouraged you.

While you probably think you've made the majority of decisions in your life, in reality, you haven't. Everyone around you adds factors to each decision you make that may cause you to change your mind. As Raymond suggests, don't change who you are just to be more successful.

If success, money and worth are all that matter to you, you are better off than anyone else. If not, make decisions that make your life "harmonious", and don't worry about what other people define as success.