8 Crucial Things To Consider Doing When Midterms Hit

Believe in yourself and be healthy.

68
Tran Mau Tri Tan

We all know how midterms week goes, all of the late night cram sessions, coffee breaks, tears and agonizing pain when you realize you have less than 3 hours before your exam. There are ways to make sure you do well, feel well, and ultimately end up happy.

1. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.

Let's face it, sleep is the most important part of test taking. Sleep is when you heal when your mind processes the information you learned throughout the day.

2. Eat

Maybe not shove your face with a bowl of spaghetti, but eating is extremely important. I'm not talking junk food but food that will help sustain you.

3. Manage your time

The easiest way to not stress study is by spacing it out. If you start studying for an exam a week in advance and study a little every day that will help your mind remember everything.

4. Take a break

Study for a couple of hours, then take a break. It will help your mind by taking 30 minutes after studying hard to either read a book, watch a television show, play a game on your phone, or even just browse through Facebook to take your mind off everything. Then go back to studying and reviewing for a couple more hours. It will ultimately help in remembering all the material.

5. Water is the key to life

If you don't already drink water, you better learn to love it. Water is the key to everything, the key to life. It refreshes your body, mind, and soul. If you want to do well drink lots of water and avoid the caffeinated drinks as much as possible. You want to be refreshed, not coming down from a sugar crash.

6. Form a study group

The best way to study is to study with smart people. That way you will learn more by asking more questions in a casual environment. It is the best way to study, from people who can only better you.

7. Be positive

Negativity isn't going to get you anywhere, so it's important to keep a positive attitude in mind. Don't forget that there's nothing in this world that you can't do. Anything is possible if you just believe, so keep up the good work and keep believing in yourself.

8. Remember, it's only one exam

It's one exam, not the rest of your life. So don't worry too much, because even if you don't pass the course you can always retake it. It really isn't the end of the world, so don't worry too much. You're still smart and this one exam won't make you any less you.

Exams are stressful, so is life. Don't forget that your health is the most important factor and that if you plan ahead, you will be okay.

Have courage, be brave, and never give up. There is nothing that you can't do. Good Luck.