Streaming Services vs Cable TV: Which is Better?

Time to start cutting the cost of your TV bill once and for all. Keep reading for streaming services vs cable TV: Which is Better?

32

As technology is constantly advancing, cable TV is being used far less today than it was a decade ago. As of late 2018, over 30 million people in the U.S. had cut their cable.

Since we live in a digital age, many customers are transitioning to streaming services out of convenience. Streaming services are also extremely popular amongst youth because of their easy-to-use applications.

In this article, we describe the differences between Streaming Services vs Cable TV for you to judge which one is the best option for you.

Streaming Services vs Cable TV

When it comes to sitting down and choosing something to watch, cable TV is vastly different from streaming services.

Benefits of streaming services:

• Streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube allow you to browse various shows and videos instantly.
  • Streaming services often provide on-demand shows that no longer air on television.
  • A lot cheaper than cable TV with prices ranging from $6-12 for a service.
  • IPTV providers allow for their services to be used in your home and on the go, providing you have an internet connection.
  • Sports are much easier to watch through streaming services because they are often bundled

Benefits of cable TV:

• Modern Cable TV allows you to browse a "TV Guide" on your television, which is a list of channels that display the show that's airing.
  • Often bundled with Internet at a reasonable price.
  • Doesn't require internet to use.

In recent years, streaming services have started to produce their own exclusive shows that cannot be watched on cable TV.

Shows like Stranger Things, The Handmaid's Tale, and Orange is the New Black bring in millions of views per week to their respective streaming services.

Companies have also been introducing their own streaming services which include live TV, making it possible to watch things like talk shows and the news at the time of airing.

The YouTube Phenomenon

YouTube is arguably the pioneer of streaming services, as they have paved the way with a free platform that allows users to upload their own videos as they please.

The website receives over 350 hours of video uploaded per minute, further proving to be an excellent example of a popular streaming service.

YouTube has even started to branch into the live TV industry by producing its own service, YouTube TV, which offers live broadcasts from various networks and exclusive YouTube Red shows.

Because of the success of YouTube, other companies are starting to model their programs after them - and they are succeeding.

Final Word

Like we said, streaming services are very popular with the youth (the future of the world), so it only makes sense that they will continue to grow as time goes on.

When it comes to the argument of Streaming Services vs Cable TV, streaming services are starting to become the preferred method of entertainment.

For those that don't want to invest in streaming, it is still possible to get cable TV but it will definitely become more difficult in the near future.

Please feel free to explore our blog for more entertainment tips and insights.