A Strange Trust

A Strange Trust

A Jesus Trust

15
A Strange Trust
breakingblue.org

A Jesus Trust

I found myself recently pondering the aspect of trusting in our Heavenly Father. Even though I may never understand the concept, Jesus trusted God in a very radical way.

Jesus came to earth as God in flesh and the Son of God. And considering that the Bible tells us that Jesus is seated on the right side of God in heaven, implies enough that God and the Son of God were designed to be separate. In this concept, I grasp the knowledge of God sending His one and only son to earth.

Lately, I’ve found myself struggling to honestly trust God. I mean, not just saying, I trust God but actually trusting God. Trusting that He knows more than myself and sees more than I do and is faithful forever. Some may be reading this and assuming that such a trust may be easy to gain, however, I stand as a witness to say that is not the case.

Consider this: Jesus came to earth and was only able to see up until the cross. The Bible doesn’t tell us that Jesus knew the whole story or was even able to see it all. All we are told is that Jesus trusted God. Just to think that Jesus didn’t see Himself resurrecting and was only told He would. Suppose Jesus didn’t see it all, would it have not been expected to question God? Because Jesus clearly saw the pain because of His prayer in the garden, however, nothing was said about Him seeing the victory.

Trusting Him

So many times we’re put in situations purposely to grow in our trust towards our Heavenly Father. Not a hallway trust that only trusts God with a few things, but a whole trust, a Jesus Trust, a strange trust. I only describe that level of trust as strange because we only get it displayed in the Bible once. It took a whole lot of trust from Jesus in His Father to go through what He endured. Yet, He did. Ultimately, because He loved us, but also because He loved and trusted God.

Jesus was called to fulfill a duty that required a lot of trust. This duty was so great and valuable, yet require more trust than imaginable. When encountering situations that push our trust in God, we should feel honored because few are chosen for such great deeds.

Next time you find yourself in a hard situation, remind yourself of what Jesus went through and what His trust in God must have been like. Almost instantly, our situations appear much easier to trust God in.

Trusting Him