Strange Things Seen At Gustavus, Part 1

Strange Things Seen At Gustavus, Part 1

College is a strange place where you will see many strange things.

College is a strange place. Especially when you go to a small school because you know more people, therefore you are more aware of people's personalities. Also, more things go on with a lot of people there. Today, a strange thing happened here on the hill. Gustavus is a unique place where schools roam and many people wear socks with Birks. I have decided to start a new series with some help with my friend Emma... Strange Things Seen at Gustavus.

The first volume of this series is starting today with the Girl Scout. Unless you go to Gustavus, you may not understand. Recently, there has been a table outside of the cafeteria where some girls have been selling Girl Scout cookies. One girl in particular started wearing a thin mint costume. She was very cute and she knew it. She asked everyone walking by if they wanted to buy some cookies. The people that said yes went to the table, paid, got their cookies, and went on their ways. The people that said no however, they better watch out.

This little girl was DETERMINED to sell cookies. People that said no were definitely going to be asked a few more times. The girl had a reason they should still buy cookies no matter what excuse they had. Here are some examples,

"Sorry, I don't have any cash."

"Oh that's okay we accept MasterCard and Visa!"

"Oh well I don't have my card with me either."

"That's okay! We accept Venmo too!"

After this, people would still say no and continue walking into the caf. This little girl still didn't want to give up so she would start following. One poor guy was chased both when he was walking in the caf and when he was walking out. The only way to protect yourself from this girl was to buy cookies. So, I did what I had to do, I bought some Girl Scout Cookies.

Thank you to my good friend Emma Williamson for this article idea... you rock.