Novels Every Avid Reader Should Read

8 Stories to Read This Summer on Wattpad

As a fellow author of short stories and an avid reader, this is a short list of stories written on Wattpad, some that have been published, that you should read.

26
Personal Photo

Note some of these have been published and their original content remain on the website however, it can be taken down at any time and is not always the finished story.

8. The Virus Within 

Written by user @CrystalSherer, The Virus Within a a young adult science fiction novel where the main character Trinity, is neither human nor a zombie. She has the skills of a zombie and the half appearance but she has a soul, mind and can function like a human. In this fast-paced terror thriller, it is bound to leave you crawling for more!

7. Defying the Odds (The 4th Quarter Quel) 

a Hunger-games fanfiction dually written by users @Amanda1price and @beccathesmartaleck this fanfiction told through the point of view of both Layla Kimber and Asher Lux who both happen to be fighting twenty-two, other competitors.

Fan fiction is not for everyone and many indeed hate it but in all honesty, I never met a more fantastic fanfiction that doesn't copy the original books.

6. Stripes

A dystopian young adult novel written by @Hazzer123, this story flips today's society. Instead of it being socially acceptable to be straight, it is illegal and punishable by death. In a world where it is wrong to love someone of the opposite sex, it puts into perspective how those who love someone of the same-sex in today's society feel.

This novel is bound to leave you questioning your morals and break your heart with its dynamic characterization and storyline.

5. Breathe Under Water (Shadows of the Night #1)

In this dystopian horror mystery novel where the supernatural creatures live in the same world as humans, Anna Johnson, a witch of the air, she soon discovers a deep dark past that she never knew of.

This thriller is filled with action, witty comments, and romance and is followed by 5 other novels as you see dynamic growth in characterization.

5. True Love’s Ghost 

In this clean teen fiction novel by @julietlyons, Angeline meets Tom in an empty wing of her old mansion, she is filled with a sense that she has met him before. Too much of her shock, she is stunned to learn that nobody in her house has heard of him and that he has been dead for over 100 years. As they fall in love and the truth of their ghostly connect emerges they must find a way to be together before their time runs out.

This novel will hand down make you cry and if it doesn't, then you have no soul. This story full of angel, archangels, supernatural and romance is bound to leave you wishing you had a love like these two.

3. The Girl In Black

This story is not just another cliche rich high school where the guy and a girl have a love-hate relationship. Between this relation and the dark secrets that lie within the rich town and a dark past that begins to unfold as Nova Nightingale refuses to let Isaac Royal get beneath her skin and make her snap as she discovers the truth about her mother's past and her mysterious death. Check out @HeartlessThoughts stories!!

2. Storm and Silence

Written by the most creative spontaneous author Robert Their, this first novel in the series set in 19th Century London follows a young woman who simply wants the same freedom as men and will do anything it takes even if it means working for the most handsome, powerful, arrogant and all too dangerous billionaire Mr. Ambrose.

In this novel and throughout the series, it will leave you wanting to scream for Lily and punch Ambrose in the face but tug at your heart as you watch their character arc unfold through multiple novels. These stories will make you laugh, cry and want to punch 19th century standards in the face.

1. Bullied (Bullied Series #1) 

In this trilogy written by @VeraHollins who spent hours upon hours researching information for her character accuracy. This is a tale between a depression filled teenage Sarah who happens to have on her bully, Hayden. Little known to many, Hayden suffers from Borderline Personality Disorders.

This trilogy gives insight into the characteristics and struggles that those with BPD go through and how those who love them struggle as well. And although this series does not state that anyone with this disorder exactly goes through things the characters go through, it's eye-opening to know that they can go through this and some do.

Between the three novels, you will cry, want to throw something and question everything about the characters but you will also see a love that is pure and how they struggle and how it is worth it. You will see the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.

While are other novels such as This Crappy Life by Emma Isaac and Falling Back by Priscilla Chang although it's being rewritten, these are just eight novels I recommend. If anything else check out my own work on Wattpad, @jordoniscool5