Stop Telling Women To Lower Their Voice When Men Are Just As Loud

Includes a handy-dandy sheet of loud men for reference.
1096

Dear Men that tell me I'm "Too loud,"

Thank you for noticing my confident yet powerful voice that was passed down to me from multiple generations of strong-willed women. Yes, we are very proud of our voice that fills a room. So congratulations, you just pointed out the fact that you are easily intimidated by me.

And here's the part that gets me. You ever turned on a sitcom? Like have you ever sat down and turned on TV Land or TBS? And I would say most comedies have a leading male actor that just happens to speak extremely loud and is known for yelling, exaggerated facial expressions, and so forth. What about celebrities? Wouldn't you say that most men in the limelight have what... a loud voice. Yet, society glorifies these men that are loud and obnoxious but condemn women of the same.

I am very sorry that you are intimidated by me and feel so insecure that you would rather have me be silent. All that says about you is that your masculinity is very, very fragile. I mean, so what if my voice is more strong than yours? Men have had more advantages since birth, is my voice going to really change anything that much?

So let's just have a look at the data we have gathered here today, a list of men that speak louder than me!

1. Ray Barone "Everybody Loves Raymond"

So would you tell Raymond to lower his Italian dialect voice? I don't think so.

2. Archie Bunker "All in the Family"

I mean, he's literally known for yelling "Meat Head" and ranting about politics soo... your argument is invalid.

3. Michael Kelso "That '70s Show"

His catchprase is "Burn!!!" Obnoxious and probably isn't all there. But what? Everyone still loves him and is never told to "lower your voice, it offends people."

4. Alex Jones "Info Wars"

Do I even need to elaborate on this one? There are literally compilations of him yelling!

5. Rush Limbaugh "The Rush Limbaugh Show"

He's pretty loud.

*Hangs up phone.

6. Charlie Kelly "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Another fast, loud-talking man and no one bats an eye.

7. Fred Sanford "Sanford and Son"

His humor includes faking heart attacks and calling out to his deceased wife, extreme sarcasm, and arguing with his son.

So ladies, the next time a man tells you to quiet down because your voice is offending just please show him this. Because here we have a list of loud men that everyone loves (or loves to hate). Embrace your voice. If you are loud and powerful, then good! At least people are listening!

And men? Either get ear plugs or leave us alone!

Sincerely,

A girl that talks "too loud"